Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Where in your house do your children nap?

I was curious about where you all have your children nap at naptime. Is it in the main daycare area? In your own rooms? Finished basement? Do all of the children sleep together in same room or seperately? What about you childcare providers with very limited space(apartments etc.), what do you do? Do you all use playpens or are there other options also?

Euphoric !
    I have the oldest child nap on a nap mat in the playroom (basement daycare space) one child naps in the basement bedroom in a playpen and the rest nap upstairs in my bedrooms in play pens. Everyone has their own room. I have a bungalow and we spend our days in the daycare in the basement and the kids only go upstairs for a nap.

Starting to feel at home...
    I live in a spacious 2 bedroom condo. My 15 month old son and the 14 Month old DCB sleeps in my son's bedroom...

My full time 2 1/2 YO girl and the drop ins ( when i do have some) sleep on mattresses in my bedroom. We tried putting everybody in the same room, but after 2 weeks i decided to put the youngest one together and i find that they sleep better since! The bigger girls, usually talks for a bit before going to sleep as for the babies, they are OUT within minutes!

All the kids are in the same room in playpens in a bedroom off the daycare playroom in the basement. It is quiet and dark and they sleep well. The older kids rest on the couch in the daycare playroom with low lighting.

I built my daycare in my basement, it has its own entrance to the backyard and so I do not use the rest of the house for my daycare. I have a big playroom and they all sleep on nap mat here and there (two almost 2y.o. in playpen). Everybody sleep and its nice and cozy for 2 hours

Outgoing
    I have three dedicated sleeping rooms. One nursery, one "big kids sleeping room", and one office that is for one kid. The playrooms are separate from the sleeping rooms.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

if they are 15 months and over then on a sleep mat in the living room/daycare area. If they need to be in a playpen then in one of the bedrooms.

Euphoric !
    I have 3 bedrooms with a playpen in each and 2 playpens in our family room in the basement (around the corner from each other so they can't play

Outgoing
    everyone sleeps in one room, my ds bedroom. he is still in a crib, 2 in playpens and 2 on nap mats. it works well and leaves the rest of the house free for my daughter ( 4 yo and doesnt nap anymore) and myself during nap time.

Outgoing
    I currently have all my kids in one room in the basement, except for the 12 month old as she is transitioning and still needs 2 naps. Once she is down to one nap, she will be in with the others.