Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Playpens in family bedrooms for those under about 18 months and/or doing two naps. Older ones on mats in our diningroom which is our mainfloor playroom. Gradually I will transition the toddlers to the main naproom by bringing their playpen down and have them get used to being in the room but sleeping with the others. When I am happy that they are understand the concept of naptime I move them to a mat as an earned privilege putting them back into the playpen if they won't stay on the mat - since there are enticing toys around they have to be mentally able to understand the concept of stay put.

I don't use the basement for naps as I like to be on the mainfloor during nap and need to close and lock the door to the basement for my own daughter (special needs) who is not allowed on stairs alone but of course doesn't nap.

When I was with an agency the rule was no more than 1 floor and 1 door between me and any sleeping child ... so I stay on the main floor when ever anyone is sleeping and the children are upstairs with the youngest two being in pack n plays in the bedrooms and the other three are on the three landings on daycare cots .... as they wake up they come to the main floor until we are all up and then we can go to the playroom downstairs.

I tried having a 'group' sleep room when I first opened but it resulted in the younger ones being woken by the older ones who need less sleep which made for long afternoons ... so I prefer them to each have their own 'space' to sleep where they cannot see or hear if another child is awake and just resting because they tend to fall back asleep and sleep the full quiet time for me than ~ when they would see their friend was 'awake' they would force themselves to stay awake and 'stare' at each other ~ swear kids can talk to each other with their eyes sometimes!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Outgoing
    All the kids sleep in our family bedrooms in a pnp (playpen) until they are about 2 - 2.5 years old. Then they move to a cot still in our family bedrooms. I have anywhere between 1 - 3 children/room.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Euphoric !
    I have a large 2 storey apartment but I don't use the upstairs for daycare, that's my bedroom, etc. So I use my living room as my daycare room and we do an entire cleanup after lunch and circle time, then I set up all the playpens in the living room and in the dining room. I get my heavy lifting workout setting up and putting away playpens daily, hehe. Three-four children sleep in the living room and the newest one sleeps in the dining room until they are all old enough to sleep on cots in the living room and playpens aren't needed any more.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.