Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    oh I've had the same comment from parents in the past...."oh my other daycares let me do this"...my question to them is..."why aren't you there any more?".....that shuts them up!

31/2 yr old dcb still not toilet trained. I've asked for pull ups many times and they smile and nod. Today they said he was complaining his diapers were too tight so their plan was for him to out grow his diapers (and that he would be so uncomfortable) then he would be willing to use the potty. They actually think they have struck gold with this idea.

Starting to feel at home...
    Arh! yeah It drives me nuts when they say: the other daycare allowed my daughter to bring toys or allowed her to chew gum and my personal favourite allowed her to watch tv while she eats!

So kidlove, i'm stealing the : why aren't you there anymore? from you!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlle.coccinelle For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    I have two little ones whose parents dress them like we are in the arctic. I'm talking long-johns and then those awesome FLEECE LINED jeans. then five tops. I take half the clothes off them and the little ones look at me like its a whole new world because they can actually move three feet without getting over heated
    Yeah, the fleece lined jeans are a pet-peeve of mine too because it even decreases more the mobility...even worse than just tight jeans...bulky fleece lined ones! Although I have to admit, I would rather they dress them for the Arctic than those that dress the kids like it is the middle of summer when it is -20 outside. I can take layers off, but I can't so much if there is only one layer and the child is cold

Outgoing
    biggest pet peeve lately is playing dumb about my policies. "oh, we have to pay even if she doesnt come?" "oh, we still have to pay when we are away?" "oh, you have set hours?" arrgh! this lady is driving me nuts. yesterday i just answered one word. yes. hopefully she got the message to go home and re read the contract she supposedly already read and signed!

or you can place a copy of your policies in the kids bag at pickup, "there's a little reading material in daughters bag...I think you might find it useful" wink wink

i have had this family for over 4 years now, and I still get an occasional call when the sched got changed around, "how much do we owe you?" just because the kid came a dif ammount of days doesnt mean you can't calculate daily charge by that number of days. I always smart a$$! comment like.."well, he was here four days this week and I charge 30$ perday so...4 X 30 = 120" duh!!!! maybe I should say 150$ and see if they really know the answer, I'm sure they would catch it and say, no shouldn't it be 120? but if I went the other way, theyd probly shut up and pay the lower number. ha ha

I have had a family member I do care for ask me (regarding my policies) "well, does that count for us too?" uh yah!

Haha. I could relate to EVERY post here. I really do hate when people send their kids in too tight clothing, especially when they can't walk yet. Stretchy pants, people! I also hate when parents send their kids in fancy clothes and "tsk tsk" you when they get dirty. I specifically say in my contract that we get dirty, and to dress children in play clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    31/2 yr old dcb still not toilet trained. I've asked for pull ups many times and they smile and nod. Today they said he was complaining his diapers were too tight so their plan was for him to out grow his diapers (and that he would be so uncomfortable) then he would be willing to use the potty. They actually think they have struck gold with this idea.
    LOL...I'd tell them "Good luck with that plan"