Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing

I hate it when parents.......

- continually send their child in clothes that are too big. I have a 9 month old whose pants are so big that she crawls out of them. I've also been asking for some robeez slippers so I dont have to put her sock back on 50 times a day.

- send brand new clothes. I will get dcg on the change table and ready to put clean clothes on only to find the extra set of clothes are new and have all the friggin tags on them. Off the change table, into the kitchen for scissors, back to playroom and start again

ha ha! dont you hate that? as far as the socks go, if they pull off too much in the day and parents won't bring longer socks, or slippers? let them go without, I highly doubt the childs feet will get too cold inside your home? especially at pick up I would have the socks off, and inform the parent they wont keep them on and you really do need slippers. I absolutely hate the clothes that dont fit kind of parents, or the parents that send their kids inapropriately dressed for the season, no boots in winter or too warm in the summer.....I find myself just sucking up and being the parent half the time. I have spare clothes I allow the kids to "borrow" during their time here, ( i can't stand watching them struggle in inapropriate clothes because the parents arent smart enough) then i wait until the parents arrive to strip the child of MY (proper) clothes and put on the provided ones, and say to the parent while changing their child...."little ---- could hardly walk in his pants today bcause they were to long" or "the babies feet are so chilly during the day because I can;t manage to keep up with her sock shedding fetish" COME ON PEOPLE< GIVE US PROVIDERS A BONE!

Euphoric !
    I hate it when parents send babies in tight jeans and they can hardly bend their legs! Not only does it limit their walking and crawling, but it is hard to hold them on your hip when the legs won't bend!

Starting to feel at home...
    When parents forget it's payday!

Euphoric !
    Sunnydays agree .... not to mention the struggle to get them on and off for diaper changes since they have to come totally off since the child can't move enough to get diaper in and out properly if pooped. On a positive note at least most jeans now have snaps and not buttons and button holes.

or PRETEND they forgot it was payday! "oops I'm so sorry I forgot to pay you this week, just like last week and the week before that!"

or how about when you ask to please bring your potty training child in easy on off pants to help the child in training, and they bring them in over alls or the famous "too tight jeans"?

ooooh! I got another one! ha ha .....how about when the parents pull the infant out of bed and drop off with the bottle (cold) and say, oh she hasn't had her am bottle yet. then turns and runs before the kid explodes with hunger frustration. I the mean time, you are attempting to keep all other kids happy and pack lunches for your own get them fed and off to school.!!!!! what do some people think? "hmmm, what can I do to totally screw up her day first thing?"

arrive right at closing and then quiz their child on their day...um do that in the car please or they ask an in depth question about their childs developmental skills ......again um do you not observe him at home?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

...Spend 15 min getting "little Johnny" or Little Suzy" ready at the entrance way at pick up time, trying to coax their screaming, twisting little bundles of joy out the door. Bribing, threatening, trying to reason with them. Had one DCD actually try to converse how DCB's outburst are making him feel. Really?? Take little DCB by the hand, say goodnight and walk out my door. Leave the theatrics for your house. Thank you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

SLD