Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Holy crap! I deserve a medal today!

Wow! I literally have sweat dripping down the sides of my face and my shirt has absorbed the afternoons "craziness". I have an infant who cries when put down or not being fed, I have a near 2 year old who is deathly afraid of the infant when she cries, so pretty much all day long! he is screaming or crying or both! I have a near 3 year old I am potty training (which is going quite well but) add that to the rest and you have confusion to say the least. Then a 3 year old who IS potty trained but not, "penis pointing down into the toilet" trained. (you can imagine the mess I just had all over the bathroom floor. and a quite surprising (at this moment) very compliant but otherwise quite needy and attention seeking 4 year old who is attempting to lay quietly while three little ones scream around her. oops, forgot the crying 8 month old.
    In the midst of the sweat and screaming, pee and diapers and blankets...the door rings...jehovahs witnesses stopping for a quick chat, I answer the door to tell them"def not today" and they look at me in terror!! "we can see you are very busy!" with out a word from me, they turn and walk away! even a jahovah doesn't want to come in my house right now!!!!! and here I stand, sweaty but strong! loving my job but hating it all at the same time! If I any less a woman I would be curled up in a closet right now with a bottle of booz sucking my thumb. But....I can handle this, I can handle anything! I am a Day Care Provider.....once again, I DARE, anyone to try and succeed at this job ANY given day of the week! .................... ...now to the couch for a 5 minute breather!!!!! WEW! The many faces of the Day Care lady!
    Last edited by kidlove; 01-15-2013 at 12:40 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

LOOLLOLOOLOOL I grew up a jdub and can see the look right now....you can do it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge__driver11 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I am woman! HEAR ME ROAR! LOL! You go girl!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jazmic For This Useful Post:

When I went out a door knockin' I tried not to impose, cause hell even I knew people were busy and for gods sake it was saturday!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge__driver11 For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    LOL sending you calming vibes Kidlove.

at least you have a good attitude about it. Only a few hours to go

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spixie33 For This Useful Post:

Thank you kidlove for your inspiration. When I have a cryer, I think of my forum buddies and know some of you are going through the same thing at the same moment and it helps me cope and not feel alone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Wow..okay...my hats off to you. When I'm having a bad day, I'm going to come back and read this.

That's rough. Hope you put your feet up tonite and relax. You deserve it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh kidlove, I'm so very sorry that I laughed all through your post. Thanks for summing up our typical days with such humour and honesty. Hey, if we don't keep a great sense of humour we will lose our minds, won't we? You're doing a great job but it sounds like you need a bubble bath with a lovely beverage and some spa music and a good book this evening.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    So funny, been there done that! It's days like this that let us know truly how strong we are.

I hope you have a nice bubble bath and glass of wine tonight, you deserve it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Laughin - so sorry. I had the week from hell last week and so far this week has gone wonderfully!!! That part of why I love this job just as you think I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE. The new baby laughs. The 18m dcb goes and Hugs the 11m dcg cos she is crying (so cute even my 17year old son melted lol). And just one day goes mostly well and life is awesome again !- until tomorrow when my new vegetarian starts:-) buts that a new post!!! Lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Calgarymom For This Useful Post: