Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...
    I provide half days at a lower rate but hours must fall in between 7 30 and 12 OR 12 30 and 5 (4.5 hours). It's $20 wether it is an hour or 4 in that time frame. All other hours are considered full day even if it is 4 hours between 10 and 2 ! This allows me to fill a morning or afternoon spot if need be.

Euphoric !
    Good luck with the termination! Sounds like the best decision in this case. Next time, make sure you tell the parents in the interview that you cannot let a child sleep in a swing or anywhere other than a playpen and that you cannot rock them to sleep. Ask the parents to prepare the child for this by doing the same thing at home. If parents know from the beginning, you will not run into this problem of them "telling" you what to do. You absolutely cannot be following different routines and schedules for different kids...you will be a basket case! Good luck!

Sighs... So that went well...NOT! She is insisting we try it for February and I only have him for 4.5hrs starting this month and if she needs to she can pick him up at 1 instead of 230 if he is not happy.. Why not just stay home then?! And how will she find someone to watch him for limited hrs? I'm like I think it's best for him to have 1:1 as he doesn't like not being Center of attention... She is like we will talk more when I pay you tonight.. I feel like saying dont bother just be done!! It's so not going to be pretty if hubby is home when she stops by with the cheque tonight. I feel like saying ok we will do feb.. Watch him till mid feb and then tell her I'm taking some time off and not sure for how long! Bla
    ~Heather~

Euphoric !
    It's really hard to terminate a client and I'm bad at it. I tend to stick it out way longer than I should and I need to have a tougher backbone sometimes but our sanity is really important. We have to pay our bills but we have to take care of our health. Stay strong!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    It's really hard to terminate a client and I'm bad at it. I tend to stick it out way longer than I should and I need to have a tougher backbone sometimes but our sanity is really important. We have to pay our bills but we have to take care of our health. Stay strong!

Glad Im not the only one without a back bone! I used to be a nurse manager and fire people.. Yet I cant terminate a kid lol
    ~Heather~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nurse For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Nurse, the way I look at it is that she's leaving you space that is 'unfillable'. That's how I put it to my clients. I had one that wanted to increase to 4 days/wk and I said no. It's impossible to fill 1 day per week. I reckon it would be even harder with just a few hours to play around with on each day. In my opinion, she should continue to pay full rates. If you've tried to term her and she's not accepting it, I fully understand your position. I HATE confrontation and my codependent streak makes me want to make everyone happy....except myself. It sounds as if you may suffer from the same affliction - Niceness Do what you need to to keep your sanity and for your business. I know it's hard, but once it's done, you'll feel much better I'll bet.

Update: So after many weeks or procrastination and dropping hints her son is not happy with me, I bit the bullet and gave them their notice today.. In my contract I say I will give two weeks notice. In this instance I gave her almost 3 and she is all peed off. She then asked if I would take him for drop ins! Umm no! I'm so relieved to have finally told her but feel like I could use a drink lol (hardly ever drink). Thanks to everyone for ur advice!
    ~Heather~

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    Good for you, Nurse!! And go and have that drink ~ you deserve it....but maybe wait until all the kids have gone home!

Euphoric !
    Oh Nurse, congrats for getting your backbone that we talked about before. I got my backbone last week and terminated my problem family. It was horrible and awful and I never want to go through that again so I'm going to be an even more thorough pre-screener before contracts are signed in the future. How about you? However, without the child here this week was stress-free and all the other children were so much more relaxed and happy too. It is a necessary evil of our business.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Starting to feel at home...
    I've put in my contract P/T- mon to thurs or less/ and 4 hours per day or less- also I have it that part time pays $10 more per day than F/T- I would change your policies ASAP for new parents - but since she signed a contract that stated 6 hours, I think you need to abide by that contract