Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Advice about new 14MO baby boy

Ok, so I have a little boy coming for the first time this week. And I have SO meany questions!

He's a really sweet little boy when he's not crying.... my problem is that He has never been away from mommy or daddy for more than 30 minutes... So he cries ALOT! He's on his second day, I know it will take some time to adjust, but I was just wondering if you guys could give me some advices?

I try to follow his '' home '' schedule and we will slowly transition to dayhome schedule ( and they are pretty similar to eachother witch is great!) but his mom still rocks him for 15-20 minutes before putting down for his nap ( and clearly i dont have time to do that..) and he doesn't hold his bottle yet.

I have tried giving him his blanket during the day, reading books ( he really loves books... but I can't spend ALL day reading books to him... I have to play with the other one too...) we tried bloks, balls, magnets... the only thing that works is food... But he can't eat ALL the time either..

anyways, Any advice would be awesome... I'm kinda puzzled about it all because all the other children I have in my care... after 5-10 minutes of being in the house, they ''forget about their parents'' and we have lots of fun!

Euphoric !
    I would tell mom that the rocking needs to stop and he needs to start going to bed on his own awake so that he can learn to self soothe ..... I always give parents a list of things to do to prepare babies for group care ..... And that one is first on the list ..... They also need to be off the bottle and on a sippy cup and finger foods, I also ask that the parent not entertain the child all the time ... Put them on the floor and let them play ..... I give them my schedule and they have to move their child on to it .... There are other things but that a few if the most important ones .... I get them to start prepareing several weeks in advance of the start date ..... If it were me I would let the child get very tired and then put him in the playpen and leave him. He will figure it out...... I had one that I just let crawl around till he finally just rolled on his back and closed his eyes and then I picked him up and put him in bed and then everyday I would put him in bed a little sooner and after about a week he just went to bed awake like everybody else.
    For the constant crying ... Well he young and he doesn't know you and he's never been away from mama so it's going to take time .... Everyday will get a bit better .... Leave him on the floor with some toys and keep reassuring him that he's fine and after about two weeks I'm sure you will see a big difference ... Hang in there