Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

What are the signs that a parent is looking for alternate care

just curious if there are any tell tale signs that clients have decided to look for another provider?

I have had a few issus with one of my clients and although its been resolved, i am still planning on giving notice next month, not because of the issue we had but because i can no longer do the early mornings that they need.

However since the issue we had, dcmom has been very sweet, out of character sweet to me. She normally has little comments here and there to "put me in my place" I just shrug them off. When I last spoke to dcdad he has said that we should talk about doing full time so that dcmom has the flexibility she needs for Fridays. The issue was about dcomom wanting me to be on call for fridays and I said no. Since then, going full time hasnt come up which is why I'm thinking or hoping they are looking for someting else. So im not sure if dcdad has told her to behave or if she is being nice because she knows she's looking for something else.

I would prefer her to give me notice so that I dont have to be the one to do it LOL butIm just not sure what to make of it.

She could be afraid that you are going to terminate her or they are looking. I would start advertising to be on the safe side.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post
    She could be afraid that you are going to terminate her or they are looking. I would start advertising to be on the safe side.

I've already filled the spot. I'm waiting to give notice so that I dont have any interruption in pay. I'm looking after myself first for a change but they will still be getting 5 weeks notice as opposed to the 3 required by my contract.

Euphoric !
    It almost sounds like they are looking and have found out that having to pay for the full week to be able to use the extra day if they want is normal. Also that the hours they are asking for are not normal and may come at a premiium rate. In other words they are being really nice because they know they have a good deal right now.

Outgoing
    i'm hoping that they realize that given their schedules, a nanny would be best for baby. not looking forward to giving my notice.

Quote Originally Posted by gramma View Post
    I've already filled the spot. I'm waiting to give notice so that I dont have any interruption in pay. I'm looking after myself first for a change but they will still be getting 5 weeks notice as opposed to the 3 required by my contract.
    Good for you. If we don't look out for our own selves who will??

sounds like you have it all figured out! just keep smiling back until time for notice to be given and then start your countdown to the new client.