Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wording on hour change letter

I am planning to change my hours once I have one more client (who will come in under the new hours)

I will be giving all my current clients 2 week notice of the change.

Could you please read over the letter I have written and let me now if its ok or if I should change any of the wording.

Thank you for your help

My hours are changing

As of ________, 2013 my new hours of operation will be 7:00am to 5:00pm.

Between _______, 2013 and July 1, 2013 my drop off and pick up times will be as followed:

Drop off between 7:00am and 8:00am, by the daycare clock.

If you will be late do to an appointment I will need in written at least 24 hours before hand. As of 8:00am I will no longer be answering my phone/door. If you are later then 8:00am, without notifying me 24 hours in advance, you will not receive care for that day. But since I am still open you will still have to pay for the day.

I am finding that having children show up at different times to be very disruptive to our schedule. It also confuses the child, making it harder for the child to adjust to daycare.

If there is a winter storm, this policy does not apply.

Pick up between 3:00pm and 5:00pm, by the daycare clock.

If you need to pick up your child before 3:00pm, You must pick up by 11:45am, as quiet time now starts at 12:00pm.

There will be NO pick ups between 12:00pm and 3:00pm. Starting in September 2013, I will be doing a school pick up at 2:20 and may or may not be back before 3:00pm.

As of 5:00pm, by the daycare clock, a late fee will apply to all who are still in the daycare. So if you need to talk to me or need to get your child ready, make sure you are here before 5:00pm. This does not apply to those family's who are with an agency. For all family's constantly being late will result in termination.

Starting July 2, 2013 The following will be the new drop off times:

In order to get the children use to the doing a school drop off each morning, the new drop off time will be:

Drop Off between 7:00am and 7:40am.

As of 7:40am we will be practicing a school drop off. We may or may not be returning to the daycare. If the weather is nice out we might have a picnic snack, so if you are not here by the time we leave you will not have care for the day. Since I am open you will still have to pay for the day.

If there is a winter storm this policy does not apply. In September no matter of the weather, if the schools are open I will be doing a school drop off and pick up. If there is a winter storm, I will be returning right after the drop off, so you can wait in the lobby until I return.

I am aware that the new drop off times mean some of you will have to be at work early. I have been there myself, when my oldest was in daycare. There were days when I would be at work 2 hours early. Children need structure and constancy, so I am putting there needs a head of yours.

I need this sheet signed and returned by _____________, 2013.

If I have not received this signed form by 5:00pm on the due date, I will consider not getting this signed form as your two week notice of termination and will fill our spot with another family.

Parents Signature: ____________________ ________________

Parents Signature: ____________________ ________________

Date Signed: ____________________ ________

Euphoric !
    All forms not signed and returned by xxxxxx will signify that care is no longer required and your two week notice will be in effect.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

I would shorten this making it more to the point. I would also adopt a friendlier tone and not use your personal work experience. I agree with Crayola on her point.
    If someone is late at my daycare, we just proceed with our outdoor activity and they may have to come looking for us which I do let the parent know that this is not an acceptable form of drop off.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

I agree with mimi and crayola, it seems like a lot to take in. Perhaps if it were shortened and more to the point it will be better understood by all parents. I too would remove your comment regarding your work experience and also the comment of putting the kids ahead of the parents, rather word it as "more beneficial for the children".
    maybe provide a proposed updated sched for them to view:

7 a.m.- open
    (7 am - 7:45 am all drop offs must take place due to travel to school/parks etc.)
    care will not be provided for any drop off after 7:45 (payment will be due)
    8 am children and I will be en route to school drop offs/park etc.

rest of schedule

5 p.m.- final pick-up
    (any pick-up after 5 p.m. will result in __$ late pickup fee, due on arrival)

short and sweet! you dont need to explain much reasoning, just what you expect and add: termination will result in breach of these set times. thakyou

apples and bananas
    Seems harsh to me.

Maybe re word so it's a little more friendlier. " due to late drop offs... " " in order to maintain consistency in my program for the benefit of all children... "

Just a thought. I know if I was going to a daycare that came out with this memo I would be moving on. It's not the hours that would make me move on, it would be the tone in which it was written. It almost feels like someones done something wrong so you're coming down on everyone.

Thank you all. I have a habit of being wordy.

Seems harsh to me.

Maybe re word so it's a little more friendlier. " due to late drop offs... " " in order to maintain consistency in my program for the benefit of all children... "

Just a thought. I know if I was going to a daycare that came out with this memo I would be moving on. It's not the hours that would make me move on, it would be the tone in which it was written. It almost feels like someones done something wrong so you're coming down on everyone.
    I was afraid of that. I do have one family that is dropping off whenever they feel like it and tries to pick up during quiet time. The kid is also a screamer. They are with an agency so its not that easy to get rid of them. Was hoping this would push them out the door, but I don't want to lose my other clients. I will reword it.

Euphoric !
    I'm going to sound like a total snob as I say this, but here goes....

Spell check! Get someone who's good with that kind of thing to go over it and make sure there aren't any boo boos. Your computer's spell check function is fine for spelling, but won't tell you if you've used the wrong word, etc. I'm quite good with that kind of thing and have been cocky in the past, sending something out without a thorough edit. Big mistake! Improper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc, looks unprofessional. It's much easier to fix it before it's sent out. I spotted a few boo boos in your draft (it's a terrible habit of mine) that you definitely want to fix before firing it off to clients.

I am the worlds worst speller/grammer. I do agree that it should be double checked before sending out, but more important, make sure your tone is professional. I do agree it seems someone has set you off and you can really tell in the wording you use. Just simple and matter of fact is beneficial, this way, once all have signed and agreed, you can take further action IF that specific family continues to push the limits.

apples and bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post
    Thank you all. I have a habit of being wordy.

I was afraid of that. I do have one family that is dropping off whenever they feel like it and tries to pick up during quiet time. The kid is also a screamer. They are with an agency so its not that easy to get rid of them. Was hoping this would push them out the door, but I don't want to lose my other clients. I will reword it.
    You could always word it one way for this specific family and another way for the rest. LOL I've done that before. I've sent out a memo and made it look like everyone got it, but really, it was only given to one person as it was only one person that it effected.

but more important, make sure your tone is professional.
    this is why I am running it past all of you first. When I first wrote it it seemed okay to me. but after i took sometime away from it then reread it I wasn't too sure. My husband said it sounded fine to him, but also said to have someone else like you guys go over it just in case.