Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Crazy Kids EVERY Friday

Are my crew the only ones that all go nutso on Friday? They are unruly, loud, disruptive, hitting, shoving. All rules seem to be forgotten. This is the 4th Friday in a row that everyone is nuts. And I'm pulling my hair out. I've lost track the number of timeouts each child has been on and it's only 9:45am.

Do they have an internal clock or something. I mean they "know" its Friday cause we do circle time every morning...but seriously. next week I'm going to tell everyone it is still Thursday on Friday morning

Good Lord is it 6:00pm yet??

Starting to feel at home... little rascals's Avatar
    Yep mine are the same way. Every Friday they are hyper, there is extra hitting, yelling, not listening. This week it started early Yesterday they were soooo hyper. Hope it doesn't continue on today. Good luck with your group today. I don't look forward to Friday anymore. Hoping that will change for us someday soon !

sounds like you need to get a snack ready and have a movie day! (if you do screen time) the tv can be so mezmarizing for little people, and can be a lifesaver for a bewildered provider. ha ha nothing wrong with a movie day friday, I do it almost every friday and the kids love it! a nice way to end the crazy week, laying on the floor together enjoying a good movie and snack with all my little friends. If that's not an option? I say...early lunch and early nap!!! give yourself a break!

Euphoric !
    I think kids feed off of thier parents' emotions a lot of the time. Mom and Dad are jacked about the weekend = crazy kids for no apparent reason!!
    Just breathe... and hold out for beer o'clock.

Euphoric !
    I have a Days of the Week song so my dckids always know the day of the week and what I have planned. I guess I already get them excited for the next day at afternoon snack, whether it's going to be a park day or a learning/crafting day so they know exactly what to expect when they arrive in the morning. I don't notice any difference besides their excitement for whatever we're going to be doing on any day.

Other Mummy, if you're having trouble on Fridays can you plan something and let the children know on Thursday afternoon what they can expect in the morning? Maybe if you make them aware they will be calmer?
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.