Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Opinions Quick

edited for privacy
    Last edited by Sandbox Sally; 01-22-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Shy
    I would say that you probably should give the spot to your current daycare family who is paying $200 for it. The whole reason why they would still be required to pay $200 is because you are holding that spot for them whether they use it or not. I would just explain the situation to the integrating family and re-schedule with them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaycareLady1 For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I totally understand being annoyed with them, though! I had a similar situation this past week with one of my families. The mother got upset because I told her she would have to pay for a day whether her son was here or not. She wanted to swap days to avoid paying for it. Parents need to realize that you pay for the spot, not attendance.

Euphoric !
    I hate to say it because it would be wonderful for you to make the extra income with the transitioning family coming extra days, but the space belongs to your current family. The mentality that if they are paying for a space then they want us to do the work bugs me a lot, but lots of parents feel that way and it's sad that even if they have a day off they won't spend it with their child because they are paying us for a day. Obviously, this is the tip of the iceberg with this family if you are ready to terminate them. Good luck Alpha.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Yep, you're right. I hate that she's pretending she doesn't know the rules, though. UGH.

Euphoric !
    As much as I would hate this, I would give the spot to the current family. But I would think seriously about whether I want to keep them long-term. Seems like an ongoing headache.
    Sorry to hear you have had some s#$**^ parents. It comes in waves, so looks like you are due for a wave of those golden parents we talk about.

Sadly ~ it is her space, she is paying for it and is entitled to 'attend' should something change about her plans or what not ~ if the grandparent took 'sick' for example and she needed to send them what would have happened?

Personally this is why I do not 'double book' my spaces when someone says they are going to be away unless I know it is not going to change unexpectedly ~ aka they are OUT OF PROVINCE for a vacation or something and even then the person picking up an extra day was always told 'if something happens and the client needs the spot I will not be able to take Johnny after all "

With the transition child you offered to attend in their place ~ if the other parent is still on mat leave and flexible could they not keep their hours for the visit within the 'after school starts and before school finishes' so that the children are not in attendance at the same time so you are within your ratio of not having more than 5 in attendance at any one time ???
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Yep she's still aloud to change her mind, but if she's trouble and disrespectful, talk to her about it to be on the same page and if still no difference ... Is up to you to decide not to put up with her any longer sorry !

I understand everyone's point about it being her spot. I said that in response number five. Thanks, though.

I am tired of her crap though, and will be replacing her.

Outgoing
    My justification for paying by the spot rather than by attendance is that the spot belongs to them, even if they are not there. I cannot fill that spot on a temporary basis because it is already paid for. If I were to ever tell a family I gave away their paid spot for a day, I would expect them to stop paying for it. At least, if I were a parent, that's what I would say to the care provider.
    Last edited by treeholm; 01-21-2013 at 10:45 AM.