I find my self in a daycare situation..... I have been with my current daycare provider for ~18 months with no issues, I pay for full-time care Mon-Fri (7:30-4). I recently started a new work schedule (same hours) that gives me one day off a week (Mon) and instead I work on Saturday (my husband will be home so I' don't need care on sat). I told my daycare provider the news and said I would continue to pay for full-time care. I told her I wanted to have the option of dropping off my son for a half day if I had appointments on my day off (i.e. doctor, dentist, etc....). I told her I would probably only drop him off on my day off once a month or less.

She has a problem with this, first she said she doesn't want him dropped off for just a half day as it messes with her schedule. I told her I would inform her at least a week before hand, drop him off before 9am and pick him up at lunch or drop him off at lunch and pick him up at my normal pick-up time (4pm). Since they always eat lunch at home I don't see how this messes with her schedule...? When I said this to her (in a nice way) she implied that apparently I shouldn't be dropping him off if I'm not at work (even though I pay for the day)...? Keep in mind that I am not a mom who abuses daycare in any way, I pick up my son directly after work even if I have errands to run, I don't drop him off when he is sick, I pay on time, treat her with respect and follow her policies. I only want to use a HALF DAY about once a month (and pay for 3.5 days that I don't use for that privilege).

Is she being unreasonable or is it me?