Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Holding two spots

Good afternoon!

I have a family that wants to hold 2 spots for sept, I usually ask for 2 weeks deposit which is considered 2 weeks of care, but never had sibling.
    What do some of view do in this case?

apples and bananas
    Siblings are always a risk. If one is sick, they're both out sick. If ones on vacay, they're both out. And worst of all, if one leaves... you've lost 2 incomes. YUCK!

In saying that, I have 2 sets starting in the fall as well. LOL I couldn't help it. They're 2 existing kids, both with new siblings.

I think you just have to make sure you prepare and have good policies protecting yourself. Paid vacay, paid sick days, take a decent deposit and hold it for when they give notice so you have a good buffer as you'll be trying to replace 2 kids, not just one. And be upfront with mom. Let her know the risk a dayhome takes when they take on siblings and you've factored that in.

I don't hold spots that long. What if it doesn't work out? There is a lot of build up to just can them after 30 days.

Opps I think I am loosing my mind ~ are there two of these same post cause I swear I answered this exact question already today?
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi