Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shy
    Thank you everyone for the opinions.
    I spoke with mom last evening and we have agreed to teaching self soothe first as too much change will just cause for a longer adjustment. She said she is working on cio she understands that it's in better interest for him and everyone else in my care to follow my routine, she has apologized for not adjusting him before starting care.
    It's no good to start him on a soother at 10 mths (my 3 children were off of them around this age) I have had ss for a fan? Nature music(playing before nap and continue through his nap).
    So far today we had breakfast, gave him some bottle changed diaper and put in playpen. Of. ourse he is crying. Now would you just leave him for the half hour regardless if he cries or goes to sleep then just get him after 30 mins and go on with activities or leave him longer?? And as for pm nap would you put him in the play pen at same time as everyone else and let him cio(in his own room)?

Starting to feel at home...
    Hi Meagan, I also have a 10 month old that just started with me this month and my daily routine is almost exactly the same as yours! My 10 month old has adjusted to it perfectly. He arrives at 730 am has breakfast, nap from 9-10 and makes to the next nap at 1pm just fine where he then sleeps for 2 to 2.5 hours. He has a large milk feed before he comes and and another when he gets home, So I think one bottle during the day is plenty which I help him hold and drink from at snack and lunch times while sitting in a high chair seat. sometimes I give it from a sipping cup as well. No need to sit and hold him until he finishes the whole bottle. if he doesn't drink it all by first snack and lunch I offer more at the last snack of the day. I have found swaddling as well as white noise helps to sleep very well at nap time. maybe he is a little old to be swaddled but he is a very active boy and I find this immediately relaxes and he falls asleep almost immediately.
    Last edited by DaycareLulu; 01-22-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: mistake

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaycareLulu For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I think I would leave him for about 45 mins and if he cries the whole time well that's what it us u guess ...... And for the afternoon nap he (hopefully he doesn't fall asleep in the high chair) I would put him down first and I use a fan in the room (or white noise whatever you have) and then I also have a fan running in my hall way which drowns out any noise I may make during quiet time..... Just let him cry and if that's what he does for the entire quiet time then unfortunately that's what it is .... I'm sure as the days go on and as long as mom is really doing it at home too it will get better. But if mom is a softy and goes to him cause she feels bad then I think your in for a long haul. Good luck.!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Shy
    So I went in to get him and oh my he's still screaming can you say Pissed at me?

Shy
    Well Lunch came and lunch went, dcb didnt eat just fussed the whole time, I know he is tired as he started to nod off, so I tried to feed him a bit of bottle with No Luck so I just put him to bed (with a fan running, only have 1 atm) He is a screaming!!! Just talked to mom and sure enough she is rubbing his back (i have the time, and understand you do not) umm yes so stop it!! CIO is CRY IT OUT not Rub my back for 5 darn minutes!!! Thats what he is looking for and I will not.

Only issue I am having and I am thinking I should just not worry right now, but after this mornings CIO nap fail he wants me in his view at all times i even get up to help another friend he screams?? Do you think He is just soo tired that he wont eat, drink nothing??

Euphoric !
    You have to be consistent. If mom is not working on it at home, it will take longer for sure, but if you are 100% consistent, he will learn that he has to sleep at your house. I have had ones who took up to a month to sleep well at naptime...but eventually they learn that I will not come and get them...will not rock or rub backs or get them up earlier than the end of naptime. Then they start napping really well and the overall mood improves because they aren't overtired. Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Thank You Thank you, I am trying to get mom to understand that the back rubbing needs to end... hopefuly she will *knocks on wood*
    I am glad that the other playpen sleeper sleeps thru everything, but my 3 year old dcg will not go to sleep if she hears anyone crying (she is part time 2 days a week) been with me forever!

I am praying that with my consistency for napping he will figure it out and just lie down and sleep is the non eating a concern though or do you think that will even out soon too??

Euphoric !
    Try to impress upon mom that by rubbing his back at home she is just making it harder on him because he is expecting you to do it and its confusing him..... Generally if you put the spin on it that its him she is affecting (which is the truth) she will do the same at home. But if she won't then it will just take longer and he will eventually learn going to sleep at your house is different then going to sleep at home ......

Outgoing
    Maybe mom needs to know that if she is working against you that she is putting herself in jeopardy of being terminated. She needs to understand that you are doing your job and she must do her if the relationship is going to work. If she continues to undermine what your doing I suspect this wont be the only issue you have with her.

Euphoric !
    I 100% agree with the others... If mom is not willing to actively help, she is actually hindering. It only makes it so much harder for the little guy. Try that approach, maybe? That it is actually harder ON HIM?
    But even if mama continue these bad habits, eventually he will get the idea, and settle into routine at your house.
    And, I cannot be the only one who thinks that a 10month old is perfectly capable of holding his own bottle/sippy? All 4 of my kids did by that age.