Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Sitting for day care kids outside of the dayhome

I was asked if daycare providers are allowed to/interested in watching daycare kids for parent date nights- or for a weekend away?

Euphoric !
    I have done it before over the years - especially when it comes to military families with no relatives in town or when mom goes to the hospital for the second baby since they know on a moment's notice I have everything the child needs or just stays if mom goes in during the day. What I used to do when my own kids were living at home is that the daycare family contracted with my teen for babysitting but it was done at my house with me overseeing but not being directly involved. It is just that "babysitting" as in child just hangs out in the playroom with limited interaction ie lots of freeplay with supervision. It is out of the confines of the signed contract so is a separate agreement.

Starting to feel at home...
    They are allowed to, but I wonder how many are interested?

I'm not. I work M-F from 7-5:30 and that's it. I bartended for years because the hours meant I didn't need childcare for my own kids...DH and I worked opposite shifts. It was stressful of our marriage and for our children to not have us together very often so that was one of the reasons I switched over to home daycare. Because of my previous work experiences I am not interested in working evenings or weekends at all. I must give off that vibe because I've never had anyone ask.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilys4Guppies View Post
    I must give off that vibe because I've never had anyone ask.
    Hahaha, that's funny. I probably give off the same vibe!
    Nope, I am sure we are allowed to, if we chose to. But not this gal. I love my d/c kids, but 10 hours a day, 5 days a week is more than enough for me, thanks. And it would definitely "take away" from family time with my own kids. I suppose it would be different if it was a good friend, but even at that, most of my friends understand that I do enough child minding. They don't really ask me to watch their kids since I started doing childcare.