Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Ugh! How would you respond?

I will have 1 space open for 1 month. I was contacted by a mom who needed care just for this month as she was waiting for her DD to start at a centre. I wasn't planning to fill it but thought it would work out great and bring in a little extra $. Mom never comes to meet me, calls twice, and lots of emails. Arranges for her daughter to come tomorrow- March 1st.

Today I get an email saying just a heads up a found another provider that is much closer to my house, would be much more convenient for her, and she's thinking she'll pick that one but still wants to send her daughter tomorrow as a trial to see how it goes? I really don't like casual, drop-in, flex-care. I get the impression she has no one else that will watch them as the other care provider is available to start until Monday.

How would you respond? I don't know if I should still let her come or not?
    Last edited by loulou; 01-22-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Politely decline her request. She decided not to go with you so her scheduling issues are hers not yours. The trial period remark is bogus.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I wouldnt do it. Its a lot of work adding a new child to the group, especially for such a short period of time. That mom sounds rude and wouldnt be worth it to me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    she made her decision to go with someone closer, the fact that she cant start till monday is her problem.

Personally i would never take a child without having met them. Not worth the extra money and as you know the first month is the toughest, why put yourself through that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gramma For This Useful Post:

I agree. Be polite and inform her you no longer have the space available. Wow the nerve of some really, oh I decided not to go with you, I chose someone else instead but can I use you for one day because the new provider I picked can't take my kid until the next day! uuuuuuh! NO! thank you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

good point gramma!

Starting to feel at home...
    I just emailed her politely saying I do not offer care just for the day for x reasons I would still be happy to care for you child for the month if you would like to drop by with your child tonight to see if you think it would a good fit let me know and we can go from there...

Euphoric !
    Well I think you just opened yourself up to her bringing her for the day and then she will say its not going to work out .... Unless you get the months payment in advance, I wouldn't do it!

Euphoric !
    It always makes me uncomfortable when someone whom I have never met is willing to drop off their child with me, and leave for the day.
    I mean, I know I am awesome... but they don't (yet, LoL)!
    I could be a crazy person!!
    Seriously, people.....
    I think you should turn this person down altogether.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

Yeah of course you offer her to come for the month even after she tries to USE you like the ladies said, she'll says OK and come Monday she'll go bye bye. Who gets the last laugh here I would burn in frustration to feel used. Well like Crayola Kiddies said, hope you ask for the month payment in advance with NO REFUND !