I am transitioning a new daycare baby. She is almost 15 months old, and is having a rough go of it. This is her second full day, and she has cried pretty much non stop. This morning, she was pointing to my upstairs, where the dck's nap. I said to her, "you want to go ni-night?" She nodded her head and said, "ya".

I took her upstairs, crying, and as soon as I lay her down in the pack and play, she rolled over and stopped crying. I went downstairs and checked her about 15 mins later and she was asleep.

That was two hours ago. I just heard her chatting to herself but not crying. I went into the room and spoke to her in a soft and pleasant voice, and she started crying again. So I left, and stood outside the closed door. She stopped crying again.

I am assuming she's just overwhelmed. Should I leave her? If yes, for how long? Is this counterproductive, or is she trying to get her bearings? I haven't encountered a situation quite like this before, so I'm at a loss.

It's maybe important to note that she is fairly sick. A new house, a new situation and she has a terrible cold.

Anyway, any advice is appreciated.