Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Info on the childcare provider resource network CCPRN

Hi everyone
    have any of you with the CCPRN? Im thinking on joining. What do you like best/least about it?

I joined a few months ago. I like some of the workshops they offer. You can advertise on there website. I don';t like that most of the workshops are so far from me and hard for me to get to without a car. but I don';t know where you live, so that might not be a problem for you.

I do recommended joining. You can write of the $25 fee.

Euphoric !
    Have been a member for many years and totally recommend it. The office has an entire wall of resource books you can check out for ideas, use the diecutters, laminator, photocopier. Newsletter every two months has ideas in it as well as a list of upcoming workshops and activities they have planned for caregivers and kids.

Taking advantage of the childcare connections meetings for your area can help fill spaces. The $25 cost is very worth it and yes remember that it can be written off as can any of the workshops you take, or resources you use as they will give you a receipt. I am also finding that more and more parent are also aware of the ccprn and/or you put out your newsletter to show to parents saying I participate in continued learning, etc. it really helps.

I wish I lived closer ~ I liked their FB page cause they offer cool ideas and resource articles but driving 10 hours for a network meeting or workshop likely not going to fly with my spouse so wont be becoming a member

I am grateful that our local OEYC's main branch has some amazing program resources and toy lending library and workshops and so forth for supporting those doing home childcare
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    I like that you can update you CPR for free !

Euphoric !
    I am a member and really recommend it! I love it! $25 is a small fee for an entire year. I have had quite a few parens contact me through CCPRN, but the main thing I like about it is the workshops they offer. They are included in your yearly membership and although many of them are across town from me, I have started just committing to attending anyway and have found it not that bad. I find them a good source of information and support and you can meet other caregivers at workshops as well. As someone new to the field, I highly recommend joining!

Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    I agree with all of the above. I have been a member for several years and have never regretted joining. It is also the only organization like it in the province and is keeping our region updated about recent changes to the Day Nurseries Act and the changes that are coming along from the Department of Education. I do not want to be caught short when legislative changes are made. The CCPRN is actively involved and passing along the information to us. They had a big information session last week and I was impressed with how well they are tracking these changes and how determined they are to keep their members updated.

Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar

More good news re: the CCPRN

I know that I already posted but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to send out a general thank you to the CCPRN for the wonderful 'appreciation' dinner they organized for us. The food was terrific, the company too, and everyone went home with a gift and a certificate of appreciation. It was lots of fun and very thoughtful. I am really glad I am a member of this organization, that I have met so many kind people, taken great courses and that I am always kept up-to-date about my profession. Heartfelt thanks to CCPRN!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonlady3 View Post
    I know that I already posted but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to send out a general thank you to the CCPRN for the wonderful 'appreciation' dinner they organized for us. The food was terrific, the company too, and everyone went home with a gift and a certificate of appreciation. It was lots of fun and very thoughtful. I am really glad I am a member of this organization, that I have met so many kind people, taken great courses and that I am always kept up-to-date about my profession. Heartfelt thanks to CCPRN!!
    I joined right after i posted this and love it. Allthough i havent gone to anyworkshops yet. Im glad I signed up.

I am looking to find out where my nearest CCPRN office is. I'm thinking of joining something like this. It sounds great from what I've heard. I've tried to find out on their website but not having any luck. I'm in Cornwall.