Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Really grumpy today

Everything is annoying the heck out of me today. Anyone else have days like this and how do you get through them?

Shy
    Oh yes I just have an easy day with the kids when Im having a grumpy day! Unfortunatly we ALL get these. Movies, puzzles, colouring and lots of free play
    Good luck, hope you have a better day tomorrow!!

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks Manue! Glad to know im not alone. We're definitely taking it easy today!

Expansive...
    I have been like that too today, it's cabin fever. We all know it's to cold to go out.

Expansive...
    I had one of those blah days yesterday. I had fun stuff planned for the kids but I just was not feeling it.
    I felt down and out and just didn't have energy. I had no pep and I had to force my voice to sound more cheerful than I was with the kids.

It is really hard to do this job when you are not feeling it and not feeling 'on'. I wish I had a good solution for you. I guess just enjoy nap time today. I went the sugar route and had some swedish berrries and pop during nap trying to pep myself up. lol And then I counted the minutes until 5.

I hope your afternoon gets better

Outgoing
    Im having one of those days also! ds has a nasty little cold and kept me up last night wanted lots of snuggles. Im not someone that does well on lack of sleep lol...we did playgroup at library but otehrwise just freeplay. I did an easy lunch, doing easy snack and am thinking about having my hubby pick up dinner so I dont have to cook. Early bedtime for me tonight!

Euphoric !
    Yep...it happens to me once in awile. I go easy on myself and do things that are easy. I also find doing an active game with the kids like dancing (I dance too), can really help boost my mood as the adreniline starts flowing. It's hard to make yourself start dancing when you feel like hiding your head under a pillow, but once you start, you'll be amazed how much better you feel

Outgoing

me too!

same here! contemplated terminating the whole lot (ncluding my own child) and going back to bed for the day!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by gravy_train View Post
    same here! contemplated terminating the whole lot (ncluding my own child) and going back to bed for the day!
    ROFL !!! I think last Friday during the PD day I though of putting my own kids up for adoption for a millisecond.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by gravy_train View Post
    Oh no, LOL, that's a bad day! We all have blah days where we are feeling exhausted and the children grate on our nerves a bit or a lot. I completely agree that if you have a craft or activity planned and you feel really bad you should chuck it until the next day and just let the children freeplay. Don't feel guilty, we're human!

My trick is to bring out a few toys that are usually in storage. If the children haven't seen the toys for a few weeks they think they are brand new, hehe. The activities will get done tomorrow. Or the next day. The trick is to make sure you have great clients who understand that a craft didn't get done or a field trip was cancelled.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.