Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mom in alberta: that's a huge part of the issue, I too have a "repeater" but he studders too...so its more like: "wawawawawawa watcha doin?" then a minute later, he comes back in kitchen, "wawawawawa watcha doin?" it's adorable most days and I will scoop him up and give a big hug and kiss, but some days (like today) I wanted to pick him up and choke him!!!!!!! ha ha

I have gone through the being called "mom" it really is quite endearing....nice to know they rank me with that important person in their life....until, that person hears it....then doesn't feel so great, makes me feel like a jerk. Mom's face kind of dropped a little, I just looked at the boy and said, "silly, there's Mumma"

Euphoric !
    My own kids drive me nuts with this...only my 2 and 4 year old have learned from my teenager to call me "Mom"...no more "mama" or "mummy"...just "Mooommmm" like a teenager. So I hear about 14 million times per day "Mom mom mom mom mom".
    Or there's mealtimes, when I feel like my head will spin off somedays..I have one saying over and over and over "I want some milk please" and another saying "I dropped my spoon" and a third saying "I don't like green beans"...etc etc...it's like a chorus and they all just keep repeating and repeating and repeating! Some days I feel like laughing...other days I feel like screaming!

lunch time is by far my least favorite time of day for most days, due to the complete chaos, I feel like i need about 10 more arms to please all the little, "i wants and I needs"

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by kidlove View Post
    lunch time is by far my least favorite time of day for most days, due to the complete chaos, I feel like i need about 10 more arms to please all the little, "i wants and I needs"
    For every meal I get all the food on their plates and drinks at the table and starting to cool down then I call the children for 'lunchtime', etc. and they come at me like a stampede. But at least all the running around and dishing out is done. Now I find I can actually read them a book while they eat or do a little funny puppet show or something. Then I'm still available to get them seconds or anything else they may need but it's a lot less stressful for me. Also, I eat my lunch after they are tucked into bed and I can go on my computer while I eat. I got into that habit years ago when I had the boy in care who ate with his mouth open. Yuck! Couldn't stand it!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Outgoing
    Hahaha this thread is hilarious!!! I just accepted a new dcb who also is a question repeater. Oh how my evening wine consumption has increased!! LOL

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KingstonMom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh, my "repeater" was a bit of a stutter-er too... Hmmm. Wonder if it's an attempt to make sure the communication is clear or something?

Expansive...
    I have a re-assure-er
    He's the same one who I think has high anxiety.....so on our way home from playgroup he'll "tell" me about 10 times over "Mamma_Mia....fi rst we eat lunch then we nap" and I reply "yes..that's right". After lunch he says "Mamma_Mia.....a fter nap we go to the bus stop" etc. over and over and over. Kid I KNOW what my day consists of....SHUT UP!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamma_Mia For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yep, I have one of those too! Sweetest kid ever, but definitely high on the anxiety side...always reassuring herself throughout the day. "Mommy's gonna pick me up", "We'll go to the bus, then we'll come back and I'll put my slippers on, then we'll have a snack" etc etc...and if I don't respond...repeat repeat repeat, actually even if I do respond...repeat repeat repeat. I just nod and smile and say "yes, of course"...to which she responds "of course", nodding sagely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    I have a re-assure-er
    He's the same one who I think has high anxiety.....so on our way home from playgroup he'll "tell" me about 10 times over "Mamma_Mia....fi rst we eat lunch then we nap" and I reply "yes..that's right". After lunch he says "Mamma_Mia.....a fter nap we go to the bus stop" etc. over and over and over. Kid I KNOW what my day consists of....SHUT UP!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

LOL on the reassurance repeaters ~ I admit I make those kids a flip book when I come across them because the sound of pages flipping is way less annoying that verbally walking through the routine every 20 minutes and having something to see actually seems to make them 'need to do it less' for whatever reason.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post: