Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Irritated!

thanks for the backup girls, I knew you all would understand. i know everyone has a right to see things how they want, and I know everyone chooses to do things differently, i guess thats what makes life so darn interesting.....and I am for the most part fine with people living THEIR life as they see fit, but I get so upset when their lives intertwine with mine and affect the way I believe things should be done. having the day care for years i have learned first hand, how to take the best precautions and have learned first hand, how fast viruses can spread, and how easy. I am always on guard whether on the clock or not, i not only have my own families health in the back of my mind, but being a daycare provider I carry a communal responsibility to not promote the spread of illness. That being said, I grately appreciate the understanding and backup, sometimes I feel people like me are few and far between...then i sign on here and an in a world of many just the same as me...or close enough!

Outgoing
    yeah, I hear you...all about precautions in this line of work! Unfortunately quarantine isn't always an option, and we can't refuse kids when family is sick (depending on your contract, I suppose). I had a dck's mom home sick last week and I just wanted to wrap the dck in plastic! But, we all took precautions and hallelujah, she got better and seemed to have kept it to herself!

Here's hoping your parents come out the same!

thanks! gjc!

Expansive...
    I just want to say that as women we should be supporting each other. If I had the option of having someone take care of the kids I would take it. We have had a pretty nasty flu here this week and it was not pretty. It can be very difficult to be a mother and be sick. And it's really up to the grandmother if she is up to it or not anyways.

I agree with both sides of this .... when you are showing visible signs of being sick you should not be out spreading it around to others by going to work or sending sick children to school or daycare or extra curricular activities!

However if you have only been 'exposed' I would be extra cautious in my own hand washing and so forth but I would be wanting some 'distance' from those exposing me to try to keep myself healthy and would want the same for my children ~ when we are under the weather my spouse and I always sleep in separate beds to help reduce the exposure to each other, make extra careful not to share hand towels and so forth.

I also do not mind bringing daycare children whose family is sick into care in hopes to prevent them from getting it themselves by not having the sick person directly preparing their food and sharing their oxygen all day long and so forth ... I am always extra vigilant if I know they have something at home they have been exposed to to ensure hand washing and not mouthing toys or what not and more often and not than the child or sibling does not end up getting it and well with somethings nothing you do is going to prevent ya from getting it cause the germ is insidious

So as the grandma if my daughter was sick I would so offer to take the kiddies and the spouse for that matter if it would give her time to recover without exposing the others and hopefully containing it.

However it does suck that it occurred on the night of a 'planned family party' and grandmas choice to allow the exposed kids to come than means that other families than have to choose to take that risk or miss out on the party
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi