Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Irritated!

Angry Irritated!

My specific post is not day care related but connects to daycare in comment! Why are some people so ignorant (unknowing/stupid ) don't mean to be so blunt but there are no other words for it sometimes. We clearly are in the middle of flu season, cold and flu season. We have everything floating around from some sort of stomach bug that induces vomiting and the poops, to the full out influenza of fever chills, chest pain, cough, shortness of breath. WHY! if you or anyone else comes down with those illnesses would you consider putting your child in school or day care? it's just down right STUPID! aside from all the precautions we all take in keeping our homes germ free as possible to teaching kids proper hygiene such as hand washing and coughing into elbow etc. The best way to stay well is clearly to avoid those who are not well, and IF you are the carrier of an illness...you SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM OTHERS!!!!!!! GGGGRRRRR!
    my post:
    my mom planned a really fun evening tonight called "pie day friday" sounds cute..she is baking a couple pies and invited me and my siblings and our kids over for pie and games......well, just text my sister in law asking if they are going tonight? she says: "no, I'm sick" oh man, I feel bad for her told her to feel better, will miss her tonight. she sends another text saying, she was thinking of sending her kids over to Mom's for the day, assuming she wants a break and to get soeme rest cuz she's sick....so I ask her what type of sickness she has? she says, "not sure, my chest hurts, i have a fever, hot and cold chills, cough and can hardly talk." hhhmmmmm! sounds like influenza to me....and she plans to send her kids to my poor Mom's house for the day so she can get some rest, in turn possibly spread the illness to my older parents in the process, not to mention, she knew we were having the pie and game night which now?....unfortunatel y for my Mom, I will not be going in the hopes of keeping the illness from spreading to my family and on to the day care families as well. WHY! do people not keep the illness to themselves, these little epidemics would be a lot less of a deal if people would just , STAY AWAY from others when they are sick, rather than going into public, sending kids to school and daycare. Is it just me or do we as a nation seem to lack "common sense" anymore?

Starting to feel at home...
    I agree with you! They don't think about the big picture!!!! Although it is hard to think about that when you are really sick and just need some get well time.

i agree that it stinks when you are sick and just need some get well time, but first off why at the expense of others and isn't that one of the down sides of being a parent? we have to do it all the time, not just when everythings coming up daisies. you know? life is tough, parenting is tough....having other people take care of your kids when you are under the weather is a cop out IMO, grow some, suck it up, and mother your own kids. If you are at work, well I'm sure most employers would frown on kids in the workplace and you have a job to do, but when you are home, your job is to be a parent not, sulk because you don't feel well. It's part of being a grown up.

Outgoing
    hmmm.....while I do agree with you, I also see the other side of this. If she's too sick to take care of her kids and just needs to sleep all day, what's she supposed to do with the little ones? I never have that luxury. I never get kid-free sick days, BUT if you have that option and she doesn't have to drag her sick butt out of bed to make snacks, lunches, solve disputes, I can see her taking advantage of that.

If your parents were concerned they could say no. And if I was your parents, I'd be a little OCD and have the kids strip down at the door......since it's family, I'd possibly even make them shower quickly and put on fresh clothes.

Outgoing
    whoa...well I guess you responded to my post AS I was writing it. Yikes. Okay. I mean that's what I do, but if someone offered to help me and let me be sick, I might just say yes!

Outgoing
    I'd never ask......but if they were cool with it, and took precautions, I'd be like AWE-SOME!

Why? Selfishness. If you are so sick that you are unable to take care of your kids and yourself properly then perhaps someone (wearing a mask and who knows what they are walking into) can come over to the house and help, but do not send kids who have been exposed to other peoples homes, school and daycare. That is so mean and irresponsible on so many levels.

Her husband works from home. One child is breastfed and the other is well behaved near 3 year old, they are young but between the hubby being home and mom needing to breastfeed, just keep your kids with you. Sure its tough and sure she may need rest, but she is also a grown up and life is tough sometimes, but why risk getting others ill, for your own convenience. just irritating!

Outgoing
    wow...hubby's home too. So, why are you parents okay with having the kids over?

Quote Originally Posted by gcj View Post
    hmmm.....while I do agree with you, I also see the other side of this. If she's too sick to take care of her kids and just needs to sleep all day, what's she supposed to do with the little ones? I never have that luxury. I never get kid-free sick days, BUT if you have that option and she doesn't have to drag her sick butt out of bed to make snacks, lunches, solve disputes, I can see her taking advantage of that.

If your parents were concerned they could say no. And if I was your parents, I'd be a little OCD and have the kids strip down at the door......since it's family, I'd possibly even make them shower quickly and put on fresh clothes.
    I have to agree with this. This is what families do for each other. Sometimes you need good old fashioned sleep to get over a virus and you cannot do that with young children in the house. As long as the grandparents take precautions, (surgical mask, washing hands, stripping kids down and putting clean clothes on, etc.) I would do it for my kids in a heartbeat. (well...when they grow up and have little tykes of their own

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

gcj