Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Starting to feel at home... zoomama's Avatar
    i find with the busyness of kids all day, my son (7) and i eat dinner anytime between 530 and 7. he is often not asleep before 10pm! but then i homeschool and let him sleep in as long as he needs to while i start with the dck at 8am. it works for us, and although sometimes i feel guilty that i let him stay up so late, it's often only in the evening that we finally get to relax and spend time playing games and hanging out together. i've decided it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, as long as it works for us and he's still getting the rest he needs.
    “Children are not a zoo of entertainingly exotic creatures, but an array of mirrors in which the human predicament leaps out at us. ”
    ― John Updike

Outgoing
    we eat dinner any where from 5 to 6 pm, it all depends on what is going on at night (sometimes earlier) I have 4 kids (ages 8, 10, 12 and 15) well now that its nice outside, NO ONE wants to go in till 9pm, and they go to bed at 10pm, I try to get them to go to bed earlier but who wants to go in when it beautiful outside. Last night we ate dinner at almost 8pm, the kids thought it was funny.

Outgoing
    We usually eat dinner around 5:30, but now that the days are longer and the weather is nicer, I find the time creeping back. We ate about 6:30 last night, outside. Then I took my son for a bike ride around the block while my hubby gave my daughter a bath. Then bath for my son, snuggles.... our usual 7:30/8:00 bedtime is now creeping back as well to about 8:30/9:00. But truth be told, I love it, because this time of year I get more daylight time to spend with my own kids

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by JennJubie View Post
    We usually eat dinner around 5:30, but now that the days are longer and the weather is nicer, I find the time creeping back. We ate about 6:30 last night, outside. Then I took my son for a bike ride around the block while my hubby gave my daughter a bath. Then bath for my son, snuggles.... our usual 7:30/8:00 bedtime is now creeping back as well to about 8:30/9:00. But truth be told, I love it, because this time of year I get more daylight time to spend with my own kids
    And how many have noticed crankier daycare kids potentially because families are doing the same thing with the kids at home. I know mine are. Good thing for me is I can move naptime up and they are all happy - grateful in some cases to go but the day sure starts out cranky.

It's one of those wonderful when we do it with our own kids because it benefits us in the evening and well we are home anyways for the mornings but when our daycare families do it all it does is screw up our next day. One of my summer complaints for sure. Thank goodness for a laid back relaxed schedule in summer where we get to stuff only if we get to it and no one sweats it.

Euphoric !
    I hear ya Playfelt! We had a mighty cranky morning around here...thankfully we spent it outside where tempers usually stay in check My own kids have been having a hard time falling asleep...I think it's time for some blackout blinds because they were mighty grumpy this morning!