Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Congrats to everyone on their weight loss successes and, for that matter, their efforts! Fruitloop...holy cow! I'm well impressed! It sounds like you found something that works really well for you.

I've recently gone vegetarian...mostly. It's more for health reasons and also because I purchase meat from 'ethical' sources, which is freakin' expensive At any rate, I feel fantastic! It seems to help with weight loss as well. One thing I did for many years, till I moved, was to walk with my neighbour. We went for 1 hour every night from Sun-Thurs and that did both of us a world of good. If you walk really fast (I mean fast!) you can clear about 6km, which is really good! We'd add in weights and increase them as we needed to, which did a lot to tone us up. What I loved about it was that it was social. Most will say that it's too hard to find an hour to commit to that, and that can be a challenge. We did it for the first 8 yrs at 9pm due to the ages of our kids, homework, etc. It just became part of our routine and we both looked forward to it. We still go on Tuesday nights when I'm in the neighbourhood....hav e been at it for 13 years. It helps to have another person who's expecting you and pressuring you to go. Kinda makes you stick with it, you know?

Soooo, for those of us who can't stand going to a gym, this is a good option. I tried the gym and got very tired of it very quickly. Sure wish I enjoyed it!

Outgoing
    I haven't set one foot in a gym. Everything I've done has been at home. I bought a treadmill because I don't/didn't feel comfortable running outside. I bought a used (and old) weight resistance machine to work out on, some 3lb and 5lb hand weights and I do a workout video that is circuit training. You don't need a gym membership to get in shape, you can use your own body weight, walk, run, do whatever.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/