Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

WTF is going on today???

OMg, Day from hell so far. 10 month old is screaming constantly, unless i pick her up. (she does it everyday but today is particularly bad), 16 month old boy is continually taking diapers out of the bin everytime i turn my back or god forbid leave the room to go to the bathroom, 16month old dcg is pulling the kitchen away from the wall and nearly tipping it over and throwing toys over the gate, 2 year old girl is whining and crying because 2yr old boy is not here today. Not sure how to get through the rest of the day. Oh and add to that mess that I didnt sleep last night. not a good combo

Euphoric !
    It sounds like a good day to bend the rules a little bit and put a dvd in, make a cup of tea and ride it out till nap time.

Sorry to hear you're having such a crap day. We all have them here and there.....this too shall pass

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    problem is they dont watch tv

Ugh. Days like that make you want to go back to bed and hide from the little people LOL!

How about some music so they can dance around and hopefully get nice and tired...just in time for nap

put on some "spa" music if you can. I have a music channel and I will sometimes put the spa music on. It works to calm the troopes.

apples and bananas
    I put the spa music on some days too. It does help to calm them down.

I also took mine out for a walk in the rain this morning. It's nice out so I'm not worried about them getting too cold. They ended up hiding in the play houses out back and thought it was funny to watch the rain but stay dry.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Sounds like lots of fun a&b.

Early lunch early nap, that's always the answer for me. It's already after lunch time now though! hope you got through.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I hope you enjoy nap time today. Do something relaxing and useless during nap like watch your favorite show or sit in front of the computer or with a magazine. Don't do anything daycare related so that you can recharge your batteries and have some 'me' time.

Often times a change of scenary is good. If you are upstairs, take them downstairs and vice versa or take them out like A&B suggested. Taking them out may be extra work for you to dress them but it can be refreshing to get out and get some air and when you come back in the kids are more tired and it is a fresh start again.

Putting out some markers and paper might keep them busy too.

Think happy thoughts and count down to 5....lol

Euphoric !
    I find the kids really feed of of my energy...so if I am feeling tried and crummy, well that is the day they all start misbehaving. WHen I am in an upbeat and energetic mood, they are too It's scary the effect we can have on the whole group! So the fact that you are tired may be just it...you are tired and so small things aggrivate you and you don't have energy to do fun and silly things with them..it spirals downhill from there. If you can force yourself to put on some silly music and dance around or do something enjoyable, it might help you feel better and in turn they will feel happier. Good luck!