Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Having one of those days

I really don't know how much longer I can do this day home thing. Today is one of those days where every one is fighting, there is a bunch of crying, kids don't want to nap like normal, the weather is the dumps ...the list goes on. I am running out of patience and the only ones who are going to suffer are the poor children.
    I am tired of being stuck in the house and not having any adult interaction during the day. Ugh, what to do, what to do???

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    Sorry to hear you are having such a rough day.
    I know there isn't much we can say to improve it but I know what you are going through.
    I am also having one of those days.
    My solution ? Early lunch and early bed time ! That way we all get to recharge our batteries and start fresh after quiet time : )

How long have you being doing daycare?

Expansive...
    Yikes....been there and hear you. Did you read the burnout thread in this group of threads? I was feeling just like you and some other providers had great advice....made me feel better.
    My morning also started off sketchy. Multiple kids crying at the same time, fighting and me tearing my hair out. I wonder if it is the humidity or whether none of them slept all weekend?
    I turned up the AC and turned on the fan and hoping that will calm things down. So far I am glad it is quiet time and I am having a sanity breather
    It is really hard to be isolated with no adult at times. Some days I call my parents during nap time or any friends off on Mat leave and just gab a few minutes and complain to them. They don't really understand what it is like but it still helps to vent. I have been there wondering what in the world have I done to my sanity, house and real job but most days it is worth it
    I hope things look up for you this afternoon

Outgoing
    Thanks for the replies!! This afternoon was still tough, but it did get better. I talked to a friend and did some venting which helped. I also decided that I need to get a couple car seats so we can venture out more. I used to do this when I only had one child in care. Since having a couple more it's been tough but I think it might help us all. I'm sure just like us adults, kids get tired of sitting around a house (small yard) all day too. Hopefully today wasn't a sign of what the rest of the week is going to be like ...especially since we are supposed to have a bunch of rain!

Expansive...
    Where are you located? I have a friend who does care and we talk on the phone at least once a day as it really helps to vent with someone who understands your day! I'm in Barrie Ontario and the weather today was the best!

On poopy days I sometimes blow bubbles in the house with the kids or set up a tent and have a camping party!

I have had days like you and it down right feels like its never going to get better but it will! Do you mostly have toddlers?

Expansive...
    Ladies on this site need to connect with each other on the phone! Who ever lives close should meet for coffee and then exchange numbers, I swear the support really helps!

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysue View Post
    Ladies on this site need to connect with each other on the phone! Who ever lives close should meet for coffee and then exchange numbers, I swear the support really helps!
    TOTALLY agree!!!!!!!

Euphoric !
    It's a Monday thing... I would swear by it!! In fact, I was going to come and start a thread about how much I dread Mondays!
    Not because I hate my job or anything, but I find that all the d/c kids are sooooo tired after the weekend. Especially if it's been nice weather, because mom and dad probably took them shopping, to the zoo, garage sale-ing, for a walk to the park, and so on. Who can blame them, it just makes for a cranky day when they come back to me, lol!! :P