Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Potty training own daughter

I know there are a ton of threads on potty training, but I need some advice on what to do with my own 2 1/2 year old daughter. I have been trying for months to train her and she fully understands what she should do. For awhile she was doing all of her pees on the toilet, but she has only pooped once or twice (tiny amount) and continues to do that in her pull-up. Now she seems to have regressed and is peeing in her pull-up too. I told her I will have to switch her back to diapers and she doesn't like that idea, but when I put diapers on her, it does not motivate her to use the toilet. I have also tried just putting her in underwear, but she will poop in them and then it's a pain to clean up every time. She is very verbal and very smart and knows what she is supposed to do. I'm not sure if it is laziness, stubbornness or lack of comfort with it. Right now she is on antibiotics (she has had pneumonia!), so having loose BM's, so I will wait until that is finihed, but after that I am going to try an idea Reggio had posted awhile back: letting her choose an activity to do with me at the end of the day if she does all her pees and poops in the toilet. Any other suggestions for how to motivate her???

Expansive...
    I in boxed you with some info!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    That sounds like my own daughter too. For the last month we've been on full potty mode! We've been trying since she was 28mos mind you....

Two weeks ago we decided that since she was doing so well with the peeing that we could go to playgroup with just undies on and she actually came to tell me she had to go pee 2x's! She stopped playing with 20+ kids and told me....I was in awe!

Well then she ate oranges (she can't have them....they constipate her) and because it was so hard for her to go poop it messed it all up again. She was going 6-7 times a day but only a pebble at a time.

So now shes not even wanting to go pee as her memory was of it being painful. I feel like we're back at square one again.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!