Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

What to tell potential clients.

Okay, so I am about to start advertising two fill two of my spots. My problem is this: the two spots are currently being held by siblings. I can not afford to let them go with out having already filled the spots. I do not want to take on another set of siblings (if I can help it). So, how do I go about doing this?
    Should I state that I have an opening for next month, to give me time to fill both spots?
    Any tips/ideas would be appreciated.

apples and bananas
    What's your termination policy say on notice? If it's 2 weeks then prepare for that. See what potential clients need and go with that date, term the others within their 2 weeks.

If a potential client asks why your filling the space tell them you have clients leaving and you are looking to fill their space. If they ask when, turn the uestion around... "when do you need to start care" "my current clients are flexible aobut their exit.

Euphoric !
    I am about to terminate a family but I'm advertising to fill the space first. Once I have a family that has signed on I will terminate the current family. Long story, but it is necessary. I'll give them enough time to find another daycare provider to be fair but I need to protect my income so I must have the new family in place. It's good business practice to look out for your own income. I always want to think of the other people but these families would give us two weeks notice at the drop of a hat and leave if it was important for their family, make no mistake about it! Don't feel bad!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Outgoing
    Thanks A&B. I will definitely say that. I wasn't sure how I should word it to potential clients in regards to the start date.
    I only have to give two weeks, so it is just a matter of getting the spots filled, and then giving notice.
    Momof4, that is exacty what I'm looking to do. I am looking out for myself first although I would like them gone today!

Euphoric !
    Sometimes the best thing to do is to set a start date up to 2 months away for a new family and then once they are signed on you have a month to term the old families while giving them time to find new care. Yes it can mean a month with no income but it does make for a better transition.