Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Has anyone else...(calls for care)

been getting lots of calls for daycare spots?

I am in Kemptville, and have had about 5 interviews in the past month, and have 3 set up for this week! So happy to finally (hopefully) fill my empty spots!

I've let down the past 5 as I either didn't get a good sensation from the parents or the kids were just outright brats. I'm very picky for a home daycare provider (and I get that), and am not desperate to accept anyone - we don't NEED the money, it's just nice to have something extra, you know?

Here's to hoping that at least one of the three that I have this week goes well! Fingers crossed!

Euphoric !
    Enquiries have picked up but so have the more unusual demands in terms of hours, number of days, special kids with allergies, parental demands, etc. I had an interview last week and have one for tomorrow. And turned down 3 other contacts because of age of kids, hours, or attitude of parent that came across in the email or on the phone.

It's been really SLOW here in Toronto. There are literally DOZENS of home daycares posting on craigslist and kijiji on a daily basis, and I notice too that people are dropping their rates in what seems like an attempt to drum up business.