Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

To know I did something... great :D

Its always great to know that as a daycare provider I did something great with the children.

Its very small, but this fussy little girl as such a hard time eating vegetables (well most kids have) or even eating at all sometimes. A few times I gave the children slices of peppers with mayo-ketchup dip and that little ate it all when she wouldnt before. Parents tried last night : and it worked !!! They were happy to let me know this morning

Here most kids are english and its funny when parents says they said words in French at home haha and this french little girl says english words at home, I thinks its cute !

I use to work a deskjob so I didnt know much about teaching children but simply being like a mother to them as I am with my own grown up girls. But its nice to know when they have actually learned something from ME

Cherish moments like this cause they are what get us through the emotionally draining times of our jobs like teething children!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

I 2nd what Reggio said. After having some down times with your recent experience, it's great that you can feel validated by this small but hugely significant milestone. Good for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Great job, Disney!!

Euphoric !
    Now I don't know if I should call you Disney P or D Princess after yesterday, haha! But it's nice when we get great feedback from the parents about little things or big things that we work hard to accomplish on a daily basis with our dckids.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.