Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

I want to pull my hair out!

I have this boy that asks and asks and asks questions until I can't take it any more. I could handle it if it was every once in a while but litlarly every time he turns around its DeeDee why this and why that, we'll why. We'll why?? How do I handle this? I can't deal with all these questions. I answer them but its not good enough for him. He'll just ask them again in a few min. What do I do!! I'm goin insane!!!

Euphoric !
    And that is why our parents learned the stock answer of "just because", lol.

Sorry not much help but sometimes that is all they need to hear - as in they don't want to know the answer they just want to know that you haven't forgotten about them.

Oh I do the just because, doesn't work. Believe me!! I think our personalities just clash.

have you tried the "you tell me why?", this sometimes works with my son. He will give me the answer but will quickly get tired of not getting the answer he wants and stops.

Euphoric !
    This post made me laugh. I seem to always have one like this...usually my own kids My 2.5 year old daughter will ask and ask and ask... "because why mom? because why?".."Why's he doing that? why's she looking like that? Why did you do that? What did you say? Why'd you say that?" LOL. I have another 3 year old who has started the why's too...and I know her mom must often say "just because"....often when she asks, she will say "Why? Just because?" It does require patience...but it is a normal stage. I answer if it something I can answer, or if I know they know the answer, I turn it around and ask them back "Why do you think?"....they can often answer perfectly

Outgoing
    Hahaha! My son went through this, asked me why so many times I wanted to scream. One day when I finally had enough he asked 'why?' And I answered 'Because polar bears don't dance on Tuesdays!' It didn't' stop him from asking, but it caught him off guard and gave us both a good laugh!

I remember as a child doing this as well. I asked a question and my father answered '"something like that". I then asked what "something like that" meant and he told me I talked too much. For years after whenever he said "something like that" to a question I immediately stopped talking for a while. Kids take things very literal, so becareful what you answer. LOL

Expansive...
    I have one like this too. OMG somedays I just pray for extra patience. His line is" Sky what are you doing"?, over and over and over and over...to infinity and beyond. Even if I answer him its literally like 5 seconds pass and he's saying "Sky what are you doing ?"

I answer him funny and make stuff up like I'm getting ready to go to the circus but he's back at it after a few seconds.

It helps to know I'm not alone.

My 3 year old daughter is like this. Sometimes Ill answer one or two questions, if she asks again, I ask her why, it drives her crazy. lol. Another answer that helps when she wont stop with the questions. you'll learn all about that when you get to school, seems to quiet her up for a moment or so.

Euphoric !
    When I was young and stupid- er, NAIVE- and a new mom, I told myself I would never answer "Because I said so." Aaaaand 11 years later.... Not gonna lie, I have resorted to it! LoL
    But seriously; I always try to remember that it's a GOOD thing for a child to be inquisitive. Those are usually the brightest kids, and most creative. I think you can tell if a child is genuinely asking out of curiosity. And if they are, I would do my best to answer. Or say "I am not sure, how do you think we could find out? (try it, look it up, ask someone, etc)
    On the other hand, my 5 y/o daughter quite often asks me inane questions just for attention. I know she knows the answer, and she knows I know. It is often when I am focusing on a task and she wants me to pay attention to her. In those scenarios, I remind her that I value our discussions, but that I need to get this thing done. And we can chat later.