Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Interviewing new family- When do you give contract/documents?

I am interviewing a new family next week to watch their one year old. I have done my initial telephone interview, and on Wednesday i am going to do my formal interview. When looking for new children to care for, when do you normally give your handbook/policies and procedures? On interview day or upon them signing up with you? I was thinking it makes more sense to give them my handbook on interview day and they can read thru it and if they agree to enter into a childcare contract, they already have all the forms and such, and they can bring it all back, signed and with deposit on next interview? How do you normally do it?

Starting to feel at home...
    I always give out my contracts, forms, etc... during the interview. I always go through the contract with the families as well especially the points that are most important (payment times, late fees, illness policy, etc.)

My view is that I want parents to have my contract before they decide to sign up because I want them to know, understand, and have a chance to ask questions about the terms and conditions I provide care on.

Expansive...
    I never give documents at the interview! I go over all my deal breakers during the interview. I only send documents to people that have indicated they want the spot.....and I want them to have the spot too!

Outgoing
    I used to give out all documents during the interview...then I ended up wasting alot of paper. So now I go over all big points in telephone interview, email them a copy prior to us meeting and if they want the spot ( and I do too!) I print off a copy for them to come over and sign with deposit or they are free to print off at home and deliver to me. This helps weed out those that are really serious and those that just like to collect lots of contracts at home lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
    I used to give out all documents during the interview...then I ended up wasting alot of paper. So now I go over all big points in telephone interview, email them a copy prior to us meeting and if they want the spot ( and I do too!) I print off a copy for them to come over and sign with deposit or they are free to print off at home and deliver to me. This helps weed out those that are really serious and those that just like to collect lots of contracts at home lol
    Exactly this!!!

My contracts are on my website for viewing. I only print it off when they are ready to sign. I go through everything during the interview.

Euphoric !
    I have my contract in a booklet and go over the main points with the parents at the interview. When I send the thank you email after the interview if I'm interested in the family I attach my contract and all paperwork for them to review at home in their own time. I don't give out any paper any more except for my resume.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    I have my contract in a booklet and go over the main points with the parents at the interview. When I send the thank you email after the interview if I'm interested in the family I attach my contract and all paperwork for them to review at home in their own time. I don't give out any paper any more except for my resume.
    Very good idea!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyPrincess For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Hi Bugaboo,
    I'm so new at this so I need some help with where to find the policies/contract examples that I could use for B/A care for school age children.
    Thank you!

Euphoric !
    I email out my contract and policies after the interview if I think they might be a good fit. Then, if they want the spot, I print it out for signing. The email saves paper and also allows me to check in with them to see if they want the spot. Also, I do not give out my contract before the interview as I have found that sometimes people cancel the interview...they don't like that I have paid vacation etc. Once they meet me and see my daycare, they are okay with all of that because they want the spot.