Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Oh I'm so glad you posted this. I've been researching many sites for sensory tables (for indoor use) and while I understand the educational and fun value...but imagining my busy 2 year-olds and rice, sand or water everywhere *shivers*. Love the idea of using the rubbermaid underbed storage boxes...easy to bring out/plan ahead and cover and remove. And some great ideas for materials other than sand, water and rice
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroomama View Post
    For those of you with water tables, how do you keep them from putting their mouths in the water? I have one, but have stopped using it because it just becomes a big germ sharing activites with them all drinking from it and dipping their runny noses in it...yuck!
    I give the children cups, pails and shovels, marbles, all kinds of things to put in our water table, but it's outside. I've never had a problem with anyone trying to drink the water out there, but I stress that it is dirty water and they see that for themselves quite quickly because they always get the dirt and gravel in there and then we have a mud table. I empty mine and refill it every day we use it for safety and sanitary reasons. It's a snow table in winter too, if we could just get some snow!

Can you give everybody a big drink before you go outside and talk to them about clean drinks and water that is for hands but not for their mouth?

Euphoric !
    I also wanted to say that I don't use sensory bins usually. I have a great variety of toys and books. We do a lot of crafting with a lot of different mediums so I make sure they have a good variety of textures and items when glueing or taping or building crafts and we have playdo too. At Hallowe'en I make semi-cooked pasta in green coloured water and put scary items in the bin for a fun search game, but otherwise I don't find it necessary. I do have friends with daycares who were ECE's who do believe in sensory bins though.