Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    apples and bananas

Funny Start to the Day

So, my client walks in the door this morning with his son. He has throw up all over him (the child, not the father) He says "can I trouble you for a towel" LOL. So I get him all set up with towels and wipes and a clean shirt for the little guy. Then dad says " Now, don't go throwing up on A&B anymore today" WHAT!!!!! "Oh, I'm sorry, but he can't stay. Once they throw up, they go home"

LOL, If this was a mom I'm certain she would have turned right around and headed home. But Dad's are so programed to complete the task.

Needless to say he didn't stay today and my front hall is now thouroughly disinfected.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful day.

What a lovely sight (smell) first thing in the morning. Good for you for seeing the lighter side of this chunky situation.

Euphoric !
    Hahaha.... Oh, Daddies. Yes, he just puked ALL over himself. He is TOTALLY fine to come to daycare!!

Euphoric !
    OMG, if I had opened my door and caught a whiff of them I would have closed the door fast. I would have gotten them the towel and told them to burn it, but I wouldn't have let them in. I hope you don't catch it.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

ha ha Momof 4, that's exactly what I was thinking, no way I'd take that towel back, I would give a garbage bag with the towel and tell him .."when you are on your way out with your son, stop at the garbage can outside the garage and throw the towel in..see you 48 hours after the last puke and last symptoms are gone" take care!!!!!

Isn't it funny how most Dad's are so quick to dump the problem? had a Dad yesterday respond to me saying (about his 4 year old daughter, who was high energy and really goofy at pick-up) "good luck tonight Dad, she has had no nap today and seems to be a little wild"....he says:"I don't care, she's going to her Aunt's tonight, not my problem" ....what a response.

apples and bananas
    It's interesting to see how far we've come as providers. A year ago I don't think I would've had the backbone or good sense to send the child away. I would've suggested it, but if I got any push back I would have just accepted the child and hoped for the best. Now, I passed him the papertowels, his box of wipes, a bag for clothes, a bag for garbage and stood 4 feet back. Thank goodness I have an enclosed enterance way so the other little one in my care wasn't exposed. And I had the next drop off come in the back door... just to be safe.

smart....a&b. back door was a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by kidlove View Post
    Isn't it funny how most Dad's are so quick to dump the problem? had a Dad yesterday respond to me saying (about his 4 year old daughter, who was high energy and really goofy at pick-up) "good luck tonight Dad, she has had no nap today and seems to be a little wild"....he says:"I don't care, she's going to her Aunt's tonight, not my problem" ....what a response.
    Sooooooo true. I get such a kick out of Dads
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~