Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar

Has anyone had the outdoor fx childcare board put in?

I signed up for the free childcare halth board, the one that gives you free stuff for you and you dcf. I was wondering if who has had this put up in the daycare and how often they send out free stuff? and info/stories would be great

Euphoric !
    Not familiar with this at all. Do you have a link for it?

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar
    The Idea is every few months they give you samples to give to your dcf to try and you will get large samples or full size items to try, in hopes you will continue to use them. They will put up a board in your daycare entrance and change the poster every season. The posters are health facts done in Canada for Canadians so say in winter it would be cold and flu poster with hand outs of hand sanitizer and Kleenex ect. It is all done for free and you never pay. They make money by charging Kleenex to send out samples to daycares and clinics. I gave the ok but would like to know if it more of a hassle then anything?

I have seen that organization 'spam' me before via my website inquiring if I wanted to advertize my business through them and just deleted it cause I had never heard of it.

Personally I am thinking that with an audience of '5 clients' more often not the same ones for years that it would be more hassle than it would be worth for me to participate

I would also be concerned about the 'samples' because I have pretty picky standards and would not be wanting samples of Lysol or other chemicals for cleaning or what not anyway and as I also hate clutter the idea of having to commit to having a big ole 'advertizing' board in my daycare for various companies would not appeal to me either

I would have thought they would be more likely to target the large centre programs that have 180 plus families coming and going on a regular basis, 30 staff members or in schools and community centers and so forth so they themselves are getting more 'bang for their advertizing buck' in the amount of people they reach with their advertizing?
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi