Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sorry my mistake, do not call that number I wrote down for a BIN, I have to deal with Service Ontario and not the CRA for that since its a provincial and not federal issue.

Actually when you call the CRA they dont know squat... I called them last summer about another issue that had to do with the government and my tax declaration and the agent didnt know what on earth I was talking about.

Reggio how did you do this, you delt with Service Ontario only right ??? But when I go to the link you gave me, I filled out my Business name, my address and phone number etc... but it didnt ask for my SIN number ???

I am so tempted to make a disparing remark about government employees, but I won't, I'll be good.

Yah I give up for the BIN number, I talked to 3 people at CRA, they dont know s(*& then I talked to Service Ontario, they dont know s&%* so.... I guess no SIN number unless it is asked for by Renenu Canada when they call me and if they give me problems, I printed out the rights to protect the SIN number as suggested to Service Canada themselves !!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
    ....Reggio how did you do this, you delt with Service Ontario only right ??? But when I go to the link you gave me, I filled out my Business name, my address and phone number etc... but it didnt ask for my SIN number ???
    Hmmm ~ mine is about to expire but not expired yet so it's been a while but they do ask for the SIN at some point ~ I believe when you get the section on 'payment'.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Ladies, my children were small in the 80's and 90's and those were the days of 'babysitters' with no receipts or structure and a lot of tv watching and hot dogs and KD. Every single year for many years I claimed my childcare on my taxes and never had any receipts and was never questioned. I always paid by cheque so I had proof. Now, things are very different thank goodness! So many wonderful home daycare providers who want to do everything right and providing quality care for the families.

I have a dcMom who works for CRA SMALL BUSINESS SECTION. She has not ever asked for my SIN for her receipts or her taxes. Don't worry or let other people freak you out!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    When I had my first 2 children in childcare I never put my sitter's SIN on the tax form, just her name and address and it was never a problem. I don't put my SIN on the receipts I give out, but the past few years I have had parents who are filing with tax software that requires the SIN before it will let you submit so I have had them or their accountant call me and I gave it out over the phone. I have had more than a few parents lose their receipt and have been glad my SIN was not on it then!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SongSparrow For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I refuse to give parents my SIN number! I don't care if they are filing with computer software on their own or not. Almost every family loses their receipt at some point in time and all my personal info is on them (name, address, phone number). Can you imagine what could happen if our sin numbers were on there too. I will only give it to Revenue Canada if they call me and can say that I have NEVER gotten a call and have never been questioned by CRA. Just my two cents, but I'm soooo not comfortable giving my SIN to every person I work with.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to michellesmunchkins For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    One of my clients is an accountant, and she called the night before her taxes were due and told me her accountant needed my SIN. I said no way. My business number is on my receipts, and the CRA can track my income that way. I was just surprised that neither she nor her accountant knew that, but she completely understood when I told her that I will not give out my SIN to anyone other than the CRA directly.

I though you did not have a choice other than provide the SIN number... Parents sometime have lost receipts. That had made me mad! I do not have business number, though.

Quote Originally Posted by michellesmunchkins View Post
    I refuse to give parents my SIN number! I don't care if they are filing with computer software on their own or not. Almost every family loses their receipt at some point in time and all my personal info is on them (name, address, phone number). Can you imagine what could happen if our sin numbers were on there too. I will only give it to Revenue Canada if they call me and can say that I have NEVER gotten a call and have never been questioned by CRA. Just my two cents, but I'm soooo not comfortable giving my SIN to every person I work with.
    What do you tell parents when they request your SIN specifically since accountants or softwares ask for them? Won't you have a penalty or something from CRA because you did not provide it. When I started I called CRA and they told me I had no choice other than give my SIN number.