Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Dreamtree

Odd days - What to charge ?

Hello everyone!

I could really use some advice. I am just opening my home daycare. I have a rate for 5 days and a rate for 3 days. One of the parents wants to register for 2 full days and 2 half days. At first I thought I would charge the 3 day rate, but I feel that that isn't really fair to me since her child attends 4 days a week to some capacity, and I consider 4-5days full time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Euphoric !
    My rates are per day, but I only do full-time as it is too hard to fill the space on the other days. Personally, I'd be charging for at least 4 days a week, if not the whole week, as you cannot fill the space for half a day.

Euphoric !
    I do have a 4 day rate and I would be charging it because the child is utilizing the space 4 times. My 4 day rate is more than 4 times my daily rate. In a lot of cases the parent ends up just booking the full time space so they can have the option of the fifth day. Because the child is only using part of two of the days I would probably come up with a 4 day rate. You can set the amount based on the hours of care for the part time. If they come for the morning and do snack, crafts and lunch the price would be differnt than if it was after lunch and they just did nap and snack.

Dreamtree
    I think you are right, a 4 day rate is probably best..I charge one rate for 0-18months and another rate for 18 month+ currently I have a 3 day and 5 day rate, but looks like I will need yet another!
    Thanks

Starting to feel at home...
    I charge either full time which is 4/5 days a week, if they only need 4 they still pay for 5 because I can't fill a 1 day spot. After that it's considered part time and I charge a daily rate x's the amount of days per week needed x's 4 weeks =the total monthly cost.
    Works great, that way they always have a set rate and if they are going to add to those days then I charge them the daily rate.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by FS2011 View Post
    I charge either full time which is 4/5 days a week, if they only need 4 they still pay for 5 because I can't fill a 1 day spot. After that it's considered part time and I charge a daily rate x's the amount of days per week needed x's 4 weeks =the total monthly cost.
    Works great, that way they always have a set rate and if they are going to add to those days then I charge them the daily rate.
    Exactly my system as well.