Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    apples and bananas
    That was the greatest thing that I've ever seen! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KingstonMom View Post
    ...I am curious if it would work better in Homo milk! ...
    Yes I believe they mention that near the end of the video ~ I used homo and the boys 'colors' kept dancing in their bowls for 20 minutes before finally turning to brown/green mess!

Also their food coloring looked like the 'high quality' stuff in that video the stuff in the baking shops verses the 'cheap stuff' in the grocery store that might make a difference to the vibrant colors they got ... our yellow was not nearly that 'wow' for example?
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Thank you so much for posting this! We had fun with that this morning! Not as wow results (still cool though!) as in the video but as usual the process was 80% of the fun...definitely pick up some homo milk to try with.
    They also loved painting their paper towels with the colored milk & Q tips afterward
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    ....They also loved painting their paper towels with the colored milk & Q tips afterward
    Glad it was enjoyed ... if you do this on actual paper it dries very cool ... with like a 'shiny' texture.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Thanks Reggio, can't wait til we get to letter M!!!!!! so cool!

Euphoric !
    We tried it this morning and it worked really well The kids loved it and it helped pass a snowy day stuck inside (too cold to go out...yet again!). They were a bit impatient and moved their q-tips too early, so didn't get 20 minutes out of it, but they really enjoyed swirling the colours with their q-tips after the initial explosion of colours...it made really beautiful designs in the bowl Mine worked pretty much like in the video. I wish I had thought of painting with the q-tips afterwards...it seems like such a waste of milk to just throw it out after! Oh well, next time!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    ...it seems like such a waste of milk to just throw it out after! Oh well, next time!
    I agree ~ do you have daycare children who always leave that 'ounce' behind in their cup at meal time cause if so you could so 'recycle' that into a container in the fridge that says 'do not drink for an experiment' and save up for a few days to get enough so you are not really 'wasting' it cause we end up tossing those little bits down the drain anyway
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    Thanks Reggio! I never thought of this, but I throw milk out every day...I am totally going to have a container going now so we can repeat this experiment again and again...and next time we will paint with it as well

Waste not want not ~ my mother is a 'hoarder' so I come by the reuse thinking naturally
    Loris Malaguzzi

Shy
    This is a GREAT idea!!!!!