Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Early drop off

Starting to feel at home...

Early drop off

Have had a potential client contact me in regards to a space I have available in June. She is looking for 4 days a week. The only thing she is looking for care to start an hour before my opening hours. Would you consider taking the client on and would you charge extra? Thoughts on the whole situations???? Thanks

Part of the challenge with setting our hours is there are ALWAYS going to be those who need earlier or later than we had intended to work when we set out and before you know it you are working 6am until 6pm .... and while lots of providers could do that and not have it affect them only YOU know if you are one of them ... me not so much after 9 hours of working I start to loose steam and 10 hours is my absolute max so my program hours are 7:30 ~ 4:30 for my normal fee and I offer extended hour care as early as 7am and as late as 5pm at an additional fee of $5 for each!

I would not go outside those hours for various reasons ... earlier and it interferes with my spouse getting ready for work and issues with getting blocked in the driveway by clients trying to drop off or whatever and I will not go past 5pm because I need time to make dinner and feed my family and get us off to extra curricular activities and so forth
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Kelley, I wouldn't consider opening an hour earlier because I'm not a morning person and my day is long enough. But are you a morning person? Do your clients leave before 5pm or are you considering working a 12 hour day? Better to wait for the next client sometimes and know your limitations and how much you are willing to give to others. Take care of yourself too.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by kelleyg19 View Post
    Have had a potential client contact me in regards to a space I have available in June. She is looking for 4 days a week. The only thing she is looking for care to start an hour before my opening hours. Would you consider taking the client on and would you charge extra? Thoughts on the whole situations???? Thanks
    I just terminated a client because of an early drop off. I thought I could do it but it was too much. It was pretty early, 6:30am drop off. I did it as long as i could but once the mother started treating my like her employee I began to resent the long day even more. give it alot of thought before going ahead.

Outgoing
    I declined a family who wanted a 6am start 4 days a week. It would have been too much for me, i currently open at 7.30am. I interviewed a family last week who want a 6.45am start but only twice a week. That i can handle.

Euphoric !
    Nope, wouldn't work for me. I have set my hours (10 hour day) for a reason. If that doesn't work for them, then we are not a good match.