Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Teacher children

Ok so I have been asked if I am a teacher friendly home. I want to have that option available. Does this sound ok? Teacher families pay 45 a day and stats. Summer, march break, christmas off without pay and their spot is held for sept. my regular rate is 40 a day for full time with stats paid regardless if you attend or not. Part time 45 a day min 2 days plus stats if its their day. Thoughts and suggests greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sounds more than fair
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

sounds good to me! i have never charged for summer for teachers due to the fact that I always manage to pick up a school aged kiddo to take the teachers childs place, if I couldn't fill the spot though I would require some type of payment through summer as well. You may want to have the teacher place a holding fee for when they return in the fall, if you don't already....i have had a teacher not return their child to my care the following school year and inform me too late to fill the spot before I lost income. Not cool! other than that sounds pretty good.

Shy
    Thanks I do require a 2 weeks deposit for all clients. I have read enough horror stories on here.

Outgoing
    If I understand well, they pay $5/day more than others? Does this kind of make up for loss of income when they're not there?

I make my living off of teachers. I follow school schedules, but that's my choice, so I live with no pay during all their breaks, so that's different.

I'd say it sounds good to me. Lighter load for you during the summer months, too! Unless you decide to pick up others...

Euphoric !
    I do the extra pay for teachers too. It works out basically the same in the end but works to my advantage really. My regular fee is $200 a week. Teachers pay $225 a week from Sept to June including days off but all families have 10 days that only half fees are due - ie 5 days no pay too. Teacher's fee includes one day of care per week in the summer - keeps child in daycare and me in constant contact with family. Additional days may be paid for as available. I also charge a two week deposit due the beginning of June for the first two weeks of Sept - non refundable if they change their minds over the summer and don't come back afterall.

Been burned too many times before. Mom takes summer off, spends time at neighbourhood park with child, child gets to play with other kids from a home daycare in the area and that person talks mom into moving child to her daycare to stay with her new friends. Hence I have the equivalent of 4 weeks paid for the month of Sept if a teacher does not return.

Shy
    Thanks for everyone's advice. Now I just need to sign some good people lol!