Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing
    one of the problems with using dck images is that they r often with other kids whose parents want the pic up. Best arrangement is to offer a financial incentive to use the image so the parent is compensated at the point they r put up. Then they are paid for and sole ownership and use is at provider discretion.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

Thanks everyone - although she did not respond to my e-mail, the pictures were promptly removed from her website. Now fingers crossed she sends me a copy of the contract, as requested, when she sends my 2012 receipt.

Euphoric !
    If you are already gone, I would not expect her to be sending you the contract, unfortunately. I am very glad to hear that she took the pictures down. Hopefully she sends your receipt, and you can move on with your new, fabulous dayhome.

Euphoric !
    So glad you found a good daycare after your bad experience! There are many good ones out there and some not so good ones as well, as you have found out the hard way. I am wondering, now that she has removed your kids' photos, why you need the contract still? I am glad she removed the photos quickly and that you can now move on! Good luck!

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by daycarewhisperer View Post
    one of the problems with using dck images is that they r often with other kids whose parents want the pic up. Best arrangement is to offer a financial incentive to use the image so the parent is compensated at the point they r put up. Then they are paid for and sole ownership and use is at provider discretion.
    This works for you? I would never sign over rights to my kids pictures, they aren't for sale.

Any professional should blur kids' faces upon request of the parent.

OP I'm glad your request was honored.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SLD For This Useful Post:

I do not compensate parents for any photos I use, however as I said I would comply with any requests to take them down..Kids are part of a tabloid lol.

Do you remember teh statement in the contract? Was it written that you give permission to use your child's picture at whatever point of time or until the kid attends the daycare center? If it is the former then the provider may not remove the pictures but otherwise it is very much possible that she would remove the pictures.

Shy
    I do Hope that you did find another home childcare provider so you can see how others run thier home daycare's. Just because you had a bad experience with one does not mean all home daycare providers will run their daycare the way your old daycare provider did.

Shy
    just a little tip- provider should always give you TWO contracts when signing. One for you to keep, and one to return..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EmMumof4 For This Useful Post:

I know this is an old thread that has been resurrected but thought it was worth commenting as this is a major policy in my contract simply due to having a background in childcare training overseas which regards this topic slightly different. I have a policy where I get signed consent to use photo's but it is specific as to where and when. I may only use the pictures during the time in which the child is actively enrolled and attending my daycare. I will also advise parents where and when I post pictures. It is not for permission purposes, but out of courtesy to them so they know where their child's pictures are being shown or distributed. Whether I include pictures in a promotional brochure or the folder in which my daycare contract is housed or on my website. Newsletters, photos including other children and albums distributed to all families such as Xmas parties etc. I own the pictures but acknowledge that I do not take this subject lightly and that they can trust that my priorities are set high on protecting their child's privacy.