Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing
    I unfortunately, did not get to go to Chapters as planned. However, we did go outside with the kids Saturday morning and enjoyed the snow we got. My husband and I also got some much needed errands done, so that made me happy, and we did it all kid free, so even better!
    My son turns 2 on Thursday, so this coming weekend we are having his birthday party, followed by a nice turkey dinner with our families. Again, no "me" time persay, but I will get to enjoy spending time with family. My kids are super excited to see their cousins, and seeing them happy makes me happy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bookworm For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Kidlove...you are awesome...that is all I can say!!! Thank you so much for posting the thread on Friday...it gave me the kick in the butt I needed to get myself out of the winter slump I have been in. I realized I have been feeling a bit depressed as I have barely been out of the house except to do grocery shopping and other mundane tasks and that is what had be feeling so blah. So...this weekend I had a very fun and full weekend of stuff for me! On Saturday we had a family outing to Winterlude and we all relaly enjoyed ourselves and the weather was beautiful and sunny and dressed warmly, it wasn't too cold. We also ate out at a restaurant for lunch. Then on Saturday evening I went to the gym for the first time in over 6 months! I have been paying my membership fees for nothing and thinking I should cancel it...but I am now determined to just start going. I took my 17 year old son with me (he has a membership too) and it was really nice to spend some time with him as we rarely seem to get time together anymore. From now on, I will be doing this three times per week After the gym I had a hot bath with a glass of wine...divine! And I didn't stop there...on Sunday I had a one hour massage and followed that with a bit of clothes shopping...wanted to get something nice to wear out on my Valentines date with hubby on Friday So, my house is a bit messier than usual for a Monday, but you know what...I don't care! I feel great Thanks Kidlove! I think we should make this a regular thread

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    By the way Kidlove...I love the story about the goats I didn't know you had a farm. What fun for the little ones to see new baby goats in the spring

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Dh and I had date night on saturday- went to stag and doe for friends of ours getting married in the spring. lots of fun just the two of us, and getting out to see friends we dont see as often. our kids are stil young so its not often we get out together. kids had a blast with their nana, went to the local indoor playground so they were exhausted when we got home and slept in- yeah!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

SunnyDays....you WIN! the five star award for the bestest weekend by far! I thought mine was a blast (for me it was ) but you really took the challenge seriously and sounds like you really did good for yourself your son and your Hubby!Way to go SunnyDays! Keep up the gym visits, that is def an envy for me, although I am seriously thinking about a stationary bike to do some in home workouts!

BTW: the kids all LOVE the farm animals! I grew up in the city, so this life is a dream to me! and all the daycare kids just can't wait to get out and visit the animals every day! especially the pigs. ha ha believe it or not the pig pigs are their favorite!

Euphoric !
    Thanks Kidlove! I didn't know it was a competition or I'd have done even more...LOL. Why can't you go to the gym? I thought about buying a stationary bike too, but since I am home all day, I really need to get out. My husband is okay with me going 2 evenings during the week and he will put the kids to bed...that makes it easier to motivate myself because it means I also get a break

Husband is taking me out for crab legs and prime rib on friday! I can't wait!

Honestly have never thought about going to the gym, we have all the equiptment in the basement and I can't even get down there to use it, feel like the money would be a waste if I paid for a membership. not to mention, I am a bit of a homebody....don't like the thought of having to see other people while working out! ha ha !

or maybe it's the idea of other people seeing me, while I work out!