Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"let's make a pact"! HOW WAS EVERYONES WEEKEND?

Hope everyone got out and did some "fun" this past weekend! I got the highlights and so far I like them, a little to get used to, but it felt good to do something for myself!!!! (Husband and son didn't realize until next day...when my daughter said.."did you notice Mom's hair?" men are blind!
    When I typed the original post on friday it had slipped my mind, I had some things already planned...ha ha! soooo, along with the highlights on friday night, we also had take out pizza (NO COOKING and CLEANING for supper) yay! and sat around watching movies. (always fun) THEN....I realized I had planned to....wait for this one... (to me, it was a blast, for you ladies? probly not! ha ha ) Saturday I planned to pick up a stud billy goat to breed my does.....so, hubby and I had to stop by our friends to pick up his horse trailer and headed over to a farm to pick up "Warren" the Billy Goat to bring home for 6 weeks, to hopefully get the girls pregnant!!!! it was a little work....but fun for me! he is awsome, huge, long hair, long horns, long beard....soooo cool. He's really nice too!
    Then saturday night, my hubby was asked by the neighbors across the road to shovel their roof, about 4 feet of heavy packed down snow, felt bad for him so I ended up going over to help with that as well...(figured it was the least I could do, he spent the day shoveling out a horse trailer and picking up a huge goat for me!) funny..it was a busy day, and tons of work but such a great weekend, not only are we (hopefully) growing our farm, with some new babies this summer, but also had some GREAT bonding time with my husband, he is a really hard worker, getting up on that roof with him seemed to really make him happy....suppose it's nice to get help. he was real grateful and in turn very happy...that means a lot to me, making him happy! Definitely NOT a super relaxing weekend, but awsome just the same. What did you do?

Outgoing
    I kept mine simple and free, since I just made a large purchase last week, BUT it's easy to do something for yourself even if you don't want to spend $$. Friday night I had a nice long bubble bath with candles, then a DIY mani/pedi. Simple, relaxing, but thoroughly enjoyed it....and enjoyed having nice nails....while it lasted
    Also found time to sneak in some Wii Just Dance 3...all by myself

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gcj For This Useful Post:

Kidlove, you were doing what you wanted to do and you and hubby worked as a team. Sounds like a great weekend.
    Saturday was such a gorgeous day after the snow storm. Blue sky and sunny so I convinced my hubby to go shopping on Queen St. W in Toronto. I purchased some gorgeous boots for myself and hubby and I enjoyed window shopping and people watching as we sat in the window of a cafe and had some lunch. We then went to the St. Lawrence market and got some jumbo shrimp and a lobster for dinner. It was good to have some "us" time. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

gcj: my kids want a wii so badly! they say they are so much fun!

sounds awsome Mimi! and your right, I was doing what I loved and the whole family was together the entire day! loved every minute!

Outgoing
    kidlove, how old are you kids? There are so many great games.....child friendly, get you up and moving. I don't know who enjoys the Wii more....the kids or me. And I'm not a video game kind of person, but I love dancing (even though I look like a complete fool, you get an awesome workout) and I have the balance board, too, so do yoga and other exercises. It's really great. I'm on your kids side!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gcj For This Useful Post:

gcj: my kids are 9 (boy) and 11 (girl), all their friends and lots of our family members have them and they have fun playing. Maybe I will look into it! My son has a tendancy to become (addicted) to stuff like that, he is banned from the computer, and we stear clear of hand heald devices and such, but if the wii can get his brain going and keep him moving (rather than sitting like a zoned out zombie in front of the computer) maybe it would be a fun investment for our family?

Love my Wii too....you should try Zumba Wii
    So, this weekend we had an impromptu fondue/board game night (a little bit of wine with good friends, one of whom a girlfriend who I hadn't seen in a long time. And, we hosted a nice family dinner last night...all in celebration of me! You see, I've made the decision to have surgery for a better more healthier me. It's been a long road to get to this point but my surgery is in 3 weeks, perfect timing for March Break when my daycare is closed and hubby is home to help me out post surgery.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Good for you Dream! you only live once....may as well be happy and healthy while doing it!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

Seems the weekend is stretching for me! we had some rain pass through last night so no school for my kids....also had a few kiddos call in. So, my 11 year old daughter is playing "day care" with two of the kids, like a free day for me! haha, I love have older kids...lots of help!