Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quiet time vs Husband...vent

So my husband had surgery on Feb 6. and will be off of work for 8 weeks. Someone please save me.

Before his surgery we talked about what I do for quiet time.
    I was going to have the dcg's sleep in the boys room, my two boys in our room watching tv. My husband could either spend time with the boys in our bedroom or he could come out to the living/daycare room. He was fine with this.

Well today he wanted to be in the bedroom on his own. I have an interview tonight so I told him I had to sweep and mop the daycare. our boys had to be in our room well I did. Our youngest was crying so my husband keep yelling throw the wall for me to come and get him. He sent out our oldest. I ended up putting him on the sofa in front of the tv well i cleaned.

My husband just doesn't get what quiet time is all about. I ended up not getting a break and am not happy about it. Once all the daycare kids are gone and my interview is over I will be talking to him again . Its only 2 hours, its not going to kill him to let me have 2 hours a day.

I can't wait for him to go back to work.

thanks for letting me vent

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

ha ha ha ha ! i am sorry for laughing, but i know how you feel, well minus the hubby in pain from surgery, although most days you's swear my husband was dying of many dif ailments! hee hee hee! just kidding. but my husband is laid off during the winter months and is home AAAAALLLLLLLL winter long, I thank God for the fact that he is a very busy, outdoor person, so a lot of the day he is gone or outside, but when he is in the house i could choke him! he will walk in with his big heavy boots on, NOT TAKE THEM OFF! (that's another post in itself) but proceed to walk throught the house like an elephant, during nap, he will make all sorts of noise in the kitchen making lunch, during nap, he will not close the door gentle but slam it with man power when entering and exiting the house, during nap! if he's not home, he will call home waking kids up, during nap! he also likes to go to the basement to hang out some days watch tv and chill, but has the tv so loud he wakes kids.......during nap! I hear ya sister, ailing or not, men are a pain in the behind! here's to a quick recovery for him and you! yay! for spring! get these men out of the house!!!!!!!!!!!

On a positive note I am now watching my husband going the dishes. He said he was bored, I told him the dishes and washing need to be done. So he decided to to the dishes. I don't think he could do the washing for a few weeks. He can't pick up anything heavy.

Starting to feel at home...
    When my husband has a day off, I always feel like there is another child at the dayhome. I try to encourage him to get out of the house.

I previously mentioned my hubby's had the flu and bronchitus. He was off all last week and off/on the weeks before. My daughter was home studying for exams last couple of weeks. This morning I stood at the front door and shooed them both out. Back to my routine with no adult interruptions!!!!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post
    On a positive note I am now watching my husband going the dishes. He said he was bored, I told him the dishes and washing need to be done. So he decided to to the dishes. I don't think he could do the washing for a few weeks. He can't pick up anything heavy.
    Haha, is this his time out punishment for misbehaving at quiet time? Good for you. You are strict!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Update

After a nice talk with my husband, I have been getting my quiet time breaks. He has been making sure that your sons both stay in our room with him. Its been really nice.

Can you just imagine if men were the ones having babies...etc.? Oh the drama
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

We would be like China Dream.... one child per family!

Funny to see this post today. My stoopid husband has been home ALL week. There's a work slowdown, and their new contracts don't start til Tue.

Sadly and tragically, he has come down with a ManCold. This is the same cold that I had, our three kids had and we managed to be upright and go to school/work while suffering through this incredible illness. It has incapacitated husband. He's been in bed since this past Tues.

I can't use our room for naps, so all week, I have been doubling up bad sleepers, which has amounted to everyone NOT napping, which results in crabby kids, and a crabby Alphaghetti for not getting her quiet time.

Go back to work now, honey. Get out of MY house.