Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Friends 30th birthday/ No daycare topic

Hi Ladies,

I have no one else to ask and DH reads all my emails and always has an opinion about everything. So I am putting it on here as he never reads this Site. LOL

I have a friend who is turning 30 and she has asked me to plan a big party for her.
    She planned a really nice dinner for me for my birthday that just passed. Her DH is a bit of a deadbeat when it comes to helping plan things. I had a surprise baby shower for her last year and he did nothing to help so I had to ask her a week before for a list if names and it sucked as it took all the surprise out if it.

When she planned my dinner she had a bit of a tantrum after because no one helped to pitch in to pay and she didn't get the praise from my other friends that she wanted for doing such a great job. It sort of made me feel like crap. I would never ever act like that nor would I tell someone the cost involved. Very childish?

Anyway she is a bit of a princess!

She told me recently that I can just plan a dinner like she had me. I'm a bit insulted and I know no matter what I plan it won't be good enough.

This woman has truly become my dearest friend but there is such a spoiled side to her that it just makes me scream.

I have planned for a smaller dinner with only 3 close knit friends at a nice restaurant, her hubby will be watching her 4 kids.

Does that seem cheesy?
    Last edited by Skysue; 02-18-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Honestly @ 30 we shouldn't be expecting as much--We are all past the lookit what my bff did for me stage..or at least we should be, no?? I mean I turned 30 last year and my husband made me dinner at home and we watched a movie..So planing a dinner with close friends is something I would do...and if she isnt thankful then how much of a friend is she? (not trying to be mean but ijs)
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 02-18-2013 at 03:08 PM.

A dinner out with her favorite lady friends, nice restaurant and no kids to watch over? Sounds great. If princess has higher expectations than that is her problem NOT yours. Also, does not go over too well with me that she expects a tit for a tat bday celebration from you especially when you also threw her a shower. You are a good friend.
    Plan the celebration to fit your budget and time. If she is satisfied great, if not...oh well.

Euphoric !
    Well, happy birthday to you first of all Skysue. You are a great friend because this woman sounds really high maintenance and a tad immature and must take a lot of your patience. Are you all paying for your own dinners? Will she expect you to buy her dinner if you go out to a restaurant? It might be nice if all the friends split the cost of her meal so you don't have to do all the work and cleanup at your house.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Outgoing
    I love my friends, and have had my BFF for 48 years, but we have never planned a birthday party for each other. If they are married, their spouses invite us for the "big ones". I have sometimes called a hubby and offered to help him plan a party or to look after invitations, but if any of my friends went to the trouble of inviting a few others and organizing a sitter, I would be incredibly touched. What a lovely idea! If she doesn't think that is "good enough" she can't be much of a friend. Real friendship is unconditional and not based on what the other does for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to treeholm For This Useful Post: