Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Dreamtree

Receipts and contracts?

Hiya!

I have a couple quick question, what is the best way to give receipts?

And do you providers give a photocopy of the contract for the parent?

oh! And one more, do you require that all infants be vaccinated upon entering your private care?

Thanks!

Euphoric !
    I give out receipts in January and July for the preceding 6 months of care, unless a parent and I arrange something different. I used to do quarterly, but I had parents asking me to just "hang on to" their receipts. So 2 times a year is it.
    I don't give a photocopy, they get a copy of my guidelines/handbook and they sign an attestation and give it back to me. It goes in the file.
    And no, I don't REQUIRE vaccinations to be up to date. I ask, so that I am aware. It is such a contentious issue right now, that it's not really my place to dictate. If you choose for your child not to have their "shots" and place them in a multi-child care situation, that is your decision.

Dreamtree
    Thanks, mom-in-alberta! I didn't think I had to give receipts each month. I agree about vaccinations, I as for records, but I personally leave that decision up to the parents...

What is an attestation?

Outgoing
    I give out receipts at the end of every month and I photo copy my contract/forms that parents have signed and give them the copy. As for vaccinations, it's up to the parents what they want to do.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Receipts - go out the first week in January for the past year.

Vaccination - I don't give two hoots if kids are vaxed or not. My own kids are not vaxed and I would rather ALL my dckids not be vaxed to be perfectly honest.

Contract - I give each parent a copy of the contract. I can't expect them to remember the rules without having a copy. And I DO expect them to know the rules.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I give a weekly receipt with each payment using a receipt book I get at Walmart - like how it is worderd which gives me a duplicate copy. I also give a one page monthly summary for tax time in January for the preceeding year.

Vaccinations are up to the parents but I reserve the right to exclude a child during an outbreak of a disease they are not vaccinated against since they are more vulnerable to catching it and bringing it into daycare as most vaccinations reduce the severity of a disease not prevent it.

Euphoric !
    I give reciepts yearly as well and I do give a copy of the contract as that is the norm with other contracts you would sign...I would never expect to sign something and then not recieve a copy. And as Judy said, the parents need to be able to refer to it if they have doubts or disputes about anything.

Starting to feel at home...
    I give receipts whenever payment is given (they have a choice of weekly or monthly).

Parents always get acopy of a contract.

THat's how I would want it done if my kids went to a daycare.

Outgoing
    Do you have to give receipts regardless of whether you are licensed or unlicensed home day care? And do parents use those receipts for tax purposes? Sorry if I sound silly. I'm new to this country and don't know how things works here?

Thank you.
    Cocoon

Euphoric !
    Yes, the parents will use the reciepts for incoem tax purposes and so you have to claim the income as well on your taxes. It does not matter whether you are licensed or unlicensed, you have to report the income and parents have the right to claim the expense, so you do need to provide reciepts. If you do not claim the income, that is illegal, so if you do not provide reciepts, parents could report you.