Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Thinking of only offering part time care!

Hi,

90 % of my daycare kids are part time and I'm thinking of only offering care Tue-Friday starting in Sept what do you ladies think? Do any of you ladies currently offer this kind if care?

I find this job gives burn out and this would give me the freedom to take an extra day to get stuff done or just go walk about!

Starting to feel at home...
    Another dayhome lady I know does this and loves it. She has tried both full-time and part-time and a combination of both. She finds having the extra day to do chores, hanging out with her own kids or a chance to go away for a long weekend.

I have thought of changing to 4 days a week, too, but all my families are full-time and I love them all. So, I guess I will need to wait until their kids get older and don't need me anymore.

This is sorta along the same track... I changed my hours and I love love love it...first dck gets here at like 8:15 and its awesome!!! and I close at 5:45. Best move I evar made!!!

Euphoric !
    If you can afford to work only 4 days and you have no problem finding clients, I say go for it!!! I would LOVE to be able to do that...but can't afford it at this point.

Outgoing
    Yup ! Have been considering it too. Dunno that I could afford it right now but I stayed home to spend time with my kids and I find I am not spending enough quality time as I would like. During the day I get often distracted with other DC issues.I do not take the kids out on any outtings. I would love to take my kids out once in a while too. Weekend are often busy with chores. Week nights I am sooo tired I only feel like holding them and watching tv. Go for it if you can !!