Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Another nap post

Do people that have a seperate daycare space still bring their own kids up to their rooms or is it too much work? I would rather have my girls sleep in their own rooms but I couldn't figure out how to make it work. My baby is a fussy settler and not a great napper (has to be left to c.I.o a lot) and my 3 yo is an awesome sleeper but is downstairs staring into space on her cot instead of sleeping in her comfy bed and she's sick too!

I am also sitting here in the dark on my tablet because I don't feel comfortable yet leaving them alone. What do you do?

Euphoric !
    My kids sleep in their own beds upstairs. That is a benefit of working from home...they get to nap in their own beds The others sleep in the basement, but my basement is quite open and I can hear from the mian floor really well. So my kids are on the second floor, I am on the main floor and thedck's are in the basement. I can hear everyone. If your house is set up so you can't hear well from the main floor, I would invest in a good monitor or even a video monitor so you can go upstairs and enjoy your naptime

Euphoric !
    So do you put the DC kids to bed first and wait for them to settle and then bring your kids up? I would love to still be able to spend my 1:1 with my girls doing our stories etc. Today it was kind of like here's a few stories as a group and put them all in their beds and that was it. My 1 year old was not happy and she broke my heart crying. She would have gone straight to bed if she had been in her bed.

How does that work when they wake up then? My girls would probably sleep longer then the DC kids what do I do with the DC kids while I get my girls. The 3 yo is in a cot

Euphoric !
    I put the dck's to bed first and then take my daughter up and read her a special story in her room and tuck her in. My dck's are used to the routine, so no need to wait for them to settle...they settle instantly. I do have one who is going through a bit of sleep resistance right now though, so after I tuck my daughter in, I go back and check to make sure he is sleeping and still on his cot. I have made a little room for him to nap in under the stairs (it's technically a closet, but I put a gate across the doorway and leave the door open. That way I know he is safe. The 3 yr old is on a cot as well, but she never gets off and i have her cot right at the bottom of the stairs so I can hear her anyway. The others are all in playpens. If the dck's wake up first, I go down and my daughter is 2.5 and very independent so she comes down when she wakes up. When she was younger, I would just make sure everyone was safe (little ones in playpens etc) and then run up and get her and bring her down. You may want a good portable monitor if your house is not as open as mine. I have zero sound proofing in my house so I can hear a pin drop two floors down LOL. I think it's important to still ahve special mommy time with your kids...that's why you stayed home

Outgoing
    I put my kids up in one of their rooms together to watch a movie, then I put the dck's down. Once they are asleep, I join my kids in their room and watch a movie, or do quiet activities with them. Sometimes my son will sleep, so my daughter and I will just do quiet activities together.

Outgoing
    all my dck sleep in my ds room. he sleeps in his crib and the rest in pnp and cots. it works really well for me because it leaves the rest of the house free for me to tidy up and 2x a week i have a dcb who doesnt nap who can still play in the playroom. i dont think my ds would sleep elsewhere when we are at home. to him, his crib is his place to sleep. hes 18 months.