Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Day 1

Euphoric !

Day 1

So I am offically open and have a 3 y.o and a 6 yo plus my 2. I am already thinking the before and after school thing is too much work for the money. I am right across from the school but just having to get everyone ready and keeping everyone in check was too much. Granted I had to do the whole thing with only having known them for 30 mins. The 6 yo was off the wall when I met him so I made it clear to mom we would try things out but no promises. Then yesterday I was contacted by a mom for fulltime care starting in April for a 1 yo and and 2.5 so no b&a! I'm going to fast track an interview with them for this weekend and make a decision about the 6 yo. The problem is the kids I have are siblings so I would loose both. The b&a is also impacting my girls (I know it's been one day) but their nap has to be cut an hour short (they are great sleepers) for the pickup and also my oldest is sick today which I would have let her stay upstairs and watch TV and veg but ee all had to leave for the pickup. In writing this I feel like I already made my decision. Hopefully this new family is a match. What would you do?

Euphoric !
    I hate school drop-off and pick-up! i have to drop my own son at the bus, but my husband now does pick-ups as I just hate rushign all these little kids in winter! Even though I already take my son to the bus, I will not do before and after care. It means if my son is home sick, I have to drag him out in the cold to take the other child. It is also very little money and the bigger kids can eat a lot, can have different behaviour issues, get bored more easily, need different activities and toys/games to use...etc. It does sound like you've made your decision! Good luck!

Starting to feel at home...
    I agree<

Just took an after school kid i make 10 dollars a day to drag 3 under 2 literally a crossed the street my daughters bus is at 3 and his is at 315 so i have to keep all the little ones bundled up and happy for 15 minutes and oh my i don't even want to think about when its raining..........its a lot of work and you make nothing much rather fill a spot with another little one.

Outgoing
    the only reason i do b&a school is because i have to take my own dd everyday. if i didnt have to do that, i wouldnt. the stress and work to lug 5 children there everyday drives me nuts! im hoping to get one of the older kids from her bus to walk her home starting in sept and then i wont be doing it anymore.