Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    Just a quick noted posted to my email by another CCPRN member. It does add a little to the Provinces confusing arguments.

"food for thought?
    Since the Ministry contends that our homes are primarily used for Daycare, unlike Libraries and children play areas at restaurant, why is it that I have never heard of any home child care proivder claiming more than 25 or 30% of our household expenses from our income statements?

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I do claim more than 30% of my home In Ontario, never claim more than 50% because you are redflagged for an audit.

When you do the break down, 1/3 of my home is space dedicated to daycare, much of the main floor and bedroom level is shared.

What I would love to see is when calculating the hours, it should be taken into consideration especially when calculating the business home of use part, that daycare actually uses my home more than my family. I run daycare 50 hrs per week, plus interviews, plus extended hour care, etc, but my family is only here to sleep basically, which means that most of my hydro (especially when hydro is the most expensive) is being used by the daycare, in the evenings (when hydro is the cheapest) my family is basically sleeping!

I can only imagine how cheap my household bills would be if I wasn't running a home daycare.

There are some days, I think that I would be further ahead working outside of the home because when I consider the cost of running my home, the lease of the van for daycare, the cost of supplies for daycare, etc, I don't really have much of an income. It costs me 3.5 kids to run daycare which is a big reason why I stress when I have a space available.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

I guess the Prov. hasn't thought about how difficult it is for caregivers to keep track of their own charges while in public venues with other mothers and caregivers. I am constantly on pins and needles counting my charges and making sure they are within my line of sight at the park or library etc. It seems safer to have a smaller gathering of local mothers in house or in an ENCLOSED yard. I think the Prov. should be more specific and say that caregivers are not permitted to allow daycare children in pools as that seems to be what spurred this problem.

I agree. Years ago I had the children in a local park and a dog bit one of them. It wasn't serious but it scared the bejeesus out of the child and me. Another time we found broken beer bottles in the sandy area and the sprinkler. Oh. and there was the time a group of homeless people who had slept in the park had mixed with the children. These things never happen in my own home or yard. AND this is a very nice neighborhood...you just can't control public property!

More confusion re: playdates???

Hi....I have had an inquiry about play dates and wondered if any of you had this experience or know someone who did. The question was related to the fact that I wrote (see above) that I used to have play dates and was inspected, and the Prov. allowed them...as long as they weren't too frequent. The same thing happened last year and I was told that they were forbidden (with the usual caveats re: numbers of children and adults we all discussed above). Am I the only one this happened to??? Has anyone else had this experience?